Artemis P. Simopoulos is an American physician and endocrinologist, who authored several books on diet and nutrition. She is the founder and president of the non-profit educational organization Center for Genetics, Nutrition and Health since 1990 and a founding member of the Study of Fatty Aids and Lipids in 1991. She is a researcher who publishes on diet and health, and organizes conferences on the subject. She is noted for her work on Polyunsaturated fat.
Early life and education
- European Food Information Council. "Highlights from the 11th Biennial congress of the international society for the study of fatty acids and lipids (ISSFAL) 2014", 26 March 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- Ravn, Karen. "Study links Greek diet to longer life", Los Angeles Times, 21 November 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- Payer, Lynn. "Food Facts", The New York Times, 17 April 1988. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- Greenberg, Paul. The Omega Principle: Seafood and the Quest for a Long Life and Healthier Planet, Penguin Books, 2018, ISBN 9780143111115 (paperback), pp. 40–41.
- Allport, Susan. The Queen of Fats: Why Omega–3s Were Removed from the Western Diet and What We Can Do to Replace Them, University of California Press, 2006, ISBN 9780520253803, pp. 108–112.