Novgorod Boardwalk, built ca. 1120, as excavated by Artsikhovsky
Artemiy Artsikhovsky (Russian: Артемий Владимирович Арциховский) (December 26 (December 13, O.S.), 1902 — February 17, 1978) was a Russian archaeologist and historian, professor (since 1937), head of the department of archaeology (since 1939) of the Moscow State University, the discoverer of birch bark manuscripts in Novgorod. Corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Sciences, recipient of the USSR State Prize (1970, 1982 (posthumously)).
- Курганы вятичей, М., 1930;
- Древнерусские миниатюры как исторический источник, [М.], 1944
- Введение в археологию, 3 изд., М., 1947
- Основы археологии, 2 изд., М., 1955
- Новые открытия в Новгороде, М., 1955 (in Russian and French)
- Новгородские грамоты на бересте, т. 1—6, М., 1953—63.
- ^ Artsikhovsky bio by the Encyclopedic Foundation of Russia (Russian)