Arthur Acheson, 1st Earl of Gosford
|The Right Honourable
The Earl of Gosford
The Earl of Gosford by Gilbert Stuart
|Member of Parliament for Old Leighlin|
|Preceded by||Robert Jephson
Sir John Blaquiere
|Succeeded by||Edward Cooke
|Died||14 January 1807
|Spouse(s)||Millicent Pole (m. 1774)|
|Children||Archibald Acheson, 2nd Earl of Gosford|
Arthur Acheson was born c. 1744-5, the eldest son of Archibald Acheson, 1st Viscount Gosford and his wife Mary, youngest daughter of John Richardson. Arthur succeeded to the viscountcy upon the death of his father in 1790. He was subsequently created Earl of Gosford in February 1806. Acheson was a Member of Parliament (MP) for Old Leighlin from 1783 until 1791.
- Archibald Acheson, 2nd Earl of Gosford
- Arthur Acheson, who died young
- Arthur Pole Acheson, who died young
- Lieutenant-Colonel Edward Acheson CB, a captain in the Coldstream Guards and customer and collector at the port of Dublin
- Olivia Acheson (1778-1863), who married on 14 March 1797 Brigadier-General Robert Bernard Sparrow, of Brampton Park, Northamptonshire
- Mary Acheson (1787–1843), who married on 19 February 1803 Lieutenant-General Lord William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, second son of William Cavendish-Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland
- Millicent Acheson, who married on 12 September 1826 the Rev. J. H. Barber, rector of Aston Sandford, Buckinghamshire, and perpetual curate of St James's Chapel, Brighton.
- Johnston-Liik, E. M. (2006). MPs in Dublin: Companion to History of the Irish Parliament, 1692-1800. Ulster Historical Foundation. p. 66. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "New Irish Peers". The Times (The Times Digital Archive). 13 February 1806. p. 3.
- Lodge, Edmund (1838). The Genealogy of the Existing British Peerage. Saunders and Otley. p. 216.
- "Obituary of Remarkable Persons". The Gentleman's Magazine, and Historical Chronicle 77 (1): 94.
- Lady Olivia Sparrow
- Debrett's Peerage, 1828 edition, volume II, page 729.
|Parliament of Ireland|
Sir John Blaquiere
|Member of Parliament for Old Leighlin
1783 – 1791
With: Hon. Henry Luttrell 1783–1787
Sir Edward Leslie, 1st Bt 1787–1790
Edward Cooke 1790–1791
|Peerage of Ireland|
|New creation||Earl of Gosford
1806 – 1807
1790 – 1807
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of Ireland (up to 1800) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an earl in the Peerage of Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|