Arthur Anderson (athlete)
Anderson was born in Twickenham, a village and a parish in Brentford district, Middlesex county in Greater London, England. His parents were David Anderson (b. 1844), an Anglican prebendary, and Blanch Alice May Anderson (b. 1857). He also had a sister, Mona Constance Anabel (b. 1884), and a brother, Gerrard Rupert Laurie (b. 1889)
During the First World War, Anderson served with the King's Own Scottish Borderers. He was awarded the Military Cross in the 1916 Birthday Honours and the Distinguished Service Order in the 1918 New Year Honours.
- England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: Arthur Emilius D Anderson; Oct-Nov-Dec quarter 1886; District: Brentford; Volume: 3a; Page: 55.
- ANDERSON, GERARD RUPERT LAURIE. Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
- Gerard Anderson Spartacus Educational
- Laurie Anderson. Sports-Reference.com
- "No. 30450". The London Gazette (Supplement). 7 January 1918. p. 17.
|This biographical article relating to English athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|