8 July 1918|
|Died||28 July 2014
|Years of service||1938–45|
|Rank||Oberleutnant of the Reserves|
|Unit||2./Flak-Regiment 49 (mot.)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Arthur Büssecker (8 July 1918 – 28 July 2014) was an Oberleutnant of the Reserves in the Luftwaffe during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Büssecke was captured by Russian troops in May 1945, he escaped only to be captured by American troops. He was released in June 1945.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (27 May 1940)
- 1st Class (14 September 1942)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (27 July 1942)
- in Silver (6 December 1942)
- Anti-Aircraft Flak Battle Badge (25 February 1942)
- Ground Assault Badge of the Luftwaffe (18 June 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 23 December 1942 as Unteroffizier and Geschützführer (gun leader) in the 2. / Flak-Regiment 49 (motorisiert)
- "Nota de Falecimento: Arthur Büssecker". Sala de Guerra. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 127.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.