Arthur Dawson (footballer, born 1882)
|Full name||Arthur Dawson|
|Date of birth||9 January 1882|
|Place of birth||Blackburn, England|
|Date of death||1951 (aged 69)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Arthur Dawson batted for Rishton from 1901 to 1912, and opened for East Lancs. between 1913 and 1921. On many occasions he was batting opposite Victor Norbury, and one of their partnerships became an East Lancs. record not bettered until the 1960s. Both players featured strongly in the 1919 League win, scoring over 45% of the total runs between them in roughly equal measure.
- Arthur Dawson Rishton matches
- Arthur Dawson East Lancs. matches
- Colne v East Lancs. 26 July 1919
- East Lancs. League Matches in 1919
- Joyce, Michael (2004). Football League Players' Records 1888-1939.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder born in the 1880s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|