Arthur Donaldson (actor)
Arthur Donaldson (5 April 1869 – 28 September 1955), was a Swedish-American actor. He appeared in 71 films between 1910 and 1934.
Donaldson was born in Norsholm, Sweden but moved to the United States at the age of fourteen and quickly became a prolific actor on stage. He made his film debut in 1910. During the early 1910s he returned briefly to Sweden, appearing in operettas at Oscarsteatern and making two Swedish films (one as director) before going back to America. He also directed Domen (1924), a Swedish-language short film, a version of Retribution, in the DeForest Phonofilm process.
He died in Long Island, New York, USA.
- A Lad from Old Ireland (1910)
- The Colleen Bawn (1911)
- The Day of Days (1914)
- The Moth and the Flame (1915)
- Enlighten Thy Daughter (1917)
- The Undercurrent (1919)
- A Modern Salome (1920)
- The Silver Lining (1921)
- The Passionate Pilgrim (1921)
- Find the Woman (1922)
- When Knighthood Was in Flower (1922)
- Yolanda (1924)
- America (1924)
- The Bandolero (1924)
- The Swan (1925)
- Fifty-Fifty (1925)
- Love 'Em and Leave 'Em (1926)
- Hans J. Wollstein (1994). Strangers in Hollywood: the history of Scandinavian actors in American films from 1910 to World War II. Scarecrow Press. pp. 67–73. ISBN 978-0-8108-2938-1. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- Hvar 8 dag (Swedish illustrated weekly magazine) no. 52 1911
- Svensk filmdatabas (Swedish film database) at the website of the Swedish Film Institute
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arthur Donaldson (actor).|
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1860s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|