Arthur Emmett (judge)
Arthur Robert Emmett
|Born||1943 (age 73–74)
Crows Nest, New South Wales
|Spouse(s)||Sylvia (née Street)|
|Children||Laurence, Hilary, Robert, James, Phoebe Jane and Christopher|
|Parents||Arthur and Phoebe Emmett|
|Relatives||Street family (in-law)|
|Alma mater||Sydney Law School|
|Occupation||Solicitor, barrister, judge|
Arthur Robert Emmett, AO (born 1943, Crows Nest, New South Wales) is an Australian judge and has been a member of the New South Wales Court of Appeal since 7 March 2013. From 1997 until 2013 he was a judge of the Federal Court of Australia.
Early life and education
Justice Emmett lectures in Roman law at the Sydney Law School, where he holds the title of Challis Lecturer in Roman Law. On 22 May 2009, the University of Sydney conferred upon Justice Emmett the degree of Doctor of Laws (honoris causa). His wife is federal magistrate Sylvia Emmett, the daughter of justice Sir Laurence Street.
- (7 March 2013), Swearing In Ceremony Of The Honourable Justice Arthur Robert Emmett As A Judge Of The Supreme Court Of New South Wales And As A Judge Of Appeal. Retrieved 26 March 2017
- The Hon. Justice Arthur Emmett appointed to NSW Court of Appeal Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- Old Falconians' biography Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- Sydney Law School Staff Page[permanent dead link] Retrieved 23 May 2009.
- University of Sydney Honorary Degrees 2009 Retrieved 23 May 2009.
- Sylvya Emmett, at Federal magistrates court website.
|This Australian law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|