Arthur G. Bedeian
Arthur G. Bedeian (born December 22, 1946) is an American business theorist and Emeritus Professor of Management at Louisiana State University, known from his book coauthored with Daniel A. Wren,titled "The evolution of management thought."
Born in Davenport, Iowa, Bedeian received his Bachelor of Business Administration in 1967 from the University of Iowa, his MBA in 1968 from the University of Memphis, and his Doctor of Business Administration in 1973 from the Mississippi State University with the thesis, entitled "A standardization of selected management concepts," under supervision of Giovanni B. Giglioni.
After graduation Bedeian started his academic career as Assistant Professor at the School of Business of the Auburn University. In 1985 he jointed the Louisiana State University (LSU), where in 1996 he was appointed Boyd Professor of Management, a LSU chair established in 1953 in honor of David and Thomas Boyd. Among others he served as President of the Southern Management Association in the year 1982-1983, and as 44th President of the Academy of Management in 1989.
At the Louisiana State University Bedeian was awarded the LSU Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award in 1992, the LSU Distinguished Research Master Award in 1996, the LSU Foundation Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award in 1999, and the LSU Distinguished Faculty Award in 2006. And the Academy of Management awarded him the Distinguished Service Award, the Ronald G. Greenwood Lifetime Achievement Award, and the Richard M. Hodgetts Distinguished Career Award. He was also elected Fellow of the American Psychological Association, Fellow of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science, Fellow and the Southern Management Association, and received many other awards.
Bedeian has authored and coauthored over 12 books, 300 articles in his field of expertise, the evolution of management thinking, written essays and produced 5 films, part of which has been translated into French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Persian and Thai.
- Bedeian, Arthur G. Organizations, Theory and Analysis. Hinsdale, IL: Dryden Press, 1980. ISBN 0030529565
- Buford, James A., and Arthur G. Bedeian. Management in extension. 1995. ISBN 0964854708
- Wren, Daniel A., and Arthur G. Bedeian. The evolution of management thought, 2009. 6th ed. ISBN 978-0-470-12897-8
- Bedeian, Arthur G., and Achilles A. Armenakis. "A path-analytic study of the consequences of role conflict and ambiguity." Academy of management journal 24.2 (1981): 417-424.
- Greenhaus, Jeffrey H., Arthur G. Bedeian, and Kevin W. Mossholder. "Work experiences, job performance, and feelings of personal and family well-being." Journal of Vocational Behavior 31.2 (1987): 200-215.
- Bedeian, Arthur G., Beverly G. Burke, and Richard G. Moffett. "Outcomes of work-family conflict among married male and female professionals." Journal of Management 14.3 (1988): 475-491.
- Carson, Kerry D., and Arthur G. Bedeian. "Career commitment: Construction of a measure and examination of its psychometric properties." Journal of Vocational Behavior 44.3 (1994): 237-262.
- Armenakis, Achilles A., and Arthur G. Bedeian. "Organizational change: A review of theory and research in the 1990s." Journal of management 25.3 (1999): 293-315.
- Gibson, Jane Whitney, Richard M. Hodgetts, and Jorge M. Herrera. "Management history gurus of the 1990s: their lives, their contributions." Journal of Management History (Archive) 5.6 (1999): 380-397.
- Shafritz, Jay M., and Philip H. Whitbeck. Classics of organization theory. (1978).
- Griffin, Ricky, and Gregory Moorhead. Organizational behavior. Cengage Learning, 2011.
- Arthur G. Bedeian at Louisiana State University, 2014. Accessed May 8, 2014.
- Bedeian, Arthur G. "The gift of professional maturity." Academy of Management Learning & Education 3.1 (2004): 92-98.
- LSU Boyd Professor - The Pinnacle of Recognition by Brenda Macon, 2010-12. at lsu.edu. Official Webpage of Louisiana State University.
- About southernmanagement.org, 2014
- Arthur G. (Art) Bedeian, President (1989) at aom.org
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Arthur G. Bedeian|
- Arthur G. Bedeian at Louisiana State University