|Arthur Gladstone Havers|
|Full name||Arthur Gladstone Havers|
|Born||10 June 1898|
Norwich, Norfolk, England
|Died||27 December 1980 (aged 82)|
Haslemere, Surrey, England
|Best results in major championships|
|U.S. Open||T15: 1927|
|The Open Championship||Won: 1923|
Arthur Gladstone Havers (10 June 1898 – 27 December 1980) was an English professional golfer. Havers won the 1923 Open Championship at Royal Troon and the Glasgow Herald Tournament the following week at Gleneagles, the two big successes of his career. He played in the Ryder Cup in 1927, 1931 and 1933.
Havers was born in Norwich, England. He had first qualified for the Open in 1914 at the age of sixteen. Havers was professional at Moor Park, West Lancashire, Coombe Hill, Sandy Lodge and Frinton.
- 1921 Northern Professional Championship
- 1922 Northern Professional Championship
- 1923 Open Championship, Glasgow Herald Tournament, Heath and Heather Tournament
|Year||Championship||54 holes||Winning score||Margin||Runner-up|
|1923||The Open Championship||1 shot lead||73-73-73-76=295||1 stroke||Walter Hagen|
|The Open Championship||69||NT||NT||NT||NT||NT|
|The Open Championship||T7||4||T12||1||T29||T20||T28||T7||CUT||11|
|The Open Championship||T10||3||T14||T41||60||T17||CUT|
|The Open Championship||NT||NT||NT||NT||NT||NT||CUT||T27||CUT|
NT = No tournament
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" indicates a tie for a place
- Great Britain vs USA (representing Great Britain): 1921 (winners), 1926 (winners)
- Ryder Cup (representing Great Britain): 1927, 1931, 1933 (winners)
- France–Great Britain Professional Match (representing Great Britain): 1929 (winners)
- England–Scotland Professional Match (representing England): 1932 (winners), 1933 (winners), 1934 (winners)
- England–Ireland Professional Match (representing England): 1932 (winners), 1933 (winners)
- "Mr A.G. Havers. The Times, 29 December 1980; pg. 12; Issue 60812.
- "Deaths – Havers. The Times, 31 December 1980; pg. 22; Issue 60814.
|This biographical article relating to golf in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|