|Arthur Gladstone Havers|
|— Golfer —|
|Full name||Arthur Gladstone Havers|
10 June 1898|
|Died||27 December 1980
Haslemere, Surrey, England
|Best results in major championships
|U.S. Open||T15: 1927|
|The Open Championship||Won: 1923|
Havers was born in Norwich, England. He had first qualified for the Open in 1914 at the age of sixteen. He played in the Ryder Cup in 1927, 1931 and 1933. He was professional at Moor Park, West Lancashire, Coombe Hill, Sandy Lodge and Frinton.
- 1921 Northern Professional Championship
- 1922 Northern Professional Championship
- 1923 Open Championship, Glasgow Herald Tournament, Heath and Heather Tournament
|Year||Championship||54 holes||Winning score||Margin||Runner-up|
|1923||The Open Championship||1 shot lead||73-73-73-76=295||1 stroke||Walter Hagen|
|The Open Championship||69||NT||NT||NT||NT||NT|
|The Open Championship||T7||4||T12||1||T29||T20||T28||T7||CUT||11|
|The Open Championship||DNP||T10||3||T14||DNP||T41||60||T17||CUT||DNP|
|The Open Championship||NT||NT||NT||NT||NT||NT||CUT||T27||DNP||CUT|
NT = No tournament
DNP = Did not play
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" indicates a tie for a place
Green background for wins. Yellow background for top-10
- Great Britain vs USA (representing Great Britain): 1921 (winners), 1926 (winners)
- Ryder Cup (representing Great Britain): 1927, 1931, 1933 (winners)
- France–Great Britain Professional Match (representing Great Britain): 1929 (winners)
- England–Scotland Professional Match (representing England): 1932 (winners), 1933 (winners), 1934 (winners)
- England–Ireland Professional Match (representing England): 1932 (winners), 1933 (winners)
- "Mr A.G. Havers. The Times, 29 December 1980; pg. 12; Issue 60812.
- "Deaths – Havers. The Times, 31 December 1980; pg. 22; Issue 60814.
- "1923 Arthur Havers". The Open. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
|This biographical article relating to golf in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|