Arthur J. Dewey
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Arthur J. Dewey is an American teacher, writer, translator and commentator with particular distinction as a New Testament scholar and specialist on the Historical Jesus. He is a professor of Theology in the University Scholars honors department at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he began teaching in 1980.
Dewey is co-founder of the Healing Deadly Memories Program, which addresses the "question of anti-Semitism in the New Testament." He has also been involved with the controversial Jesus Seminar, a group of academics dedicated to researching the factual Jesus.
- The Once and Future Faith (with Don Cupitt, Karen Armstrong, John Shelby Spong, Lloyd Geering, Robert Funk and the Jesus Seminar), 2001.
- Spirit and Letter in Paul, 1996.
- Advent Christmas: Interpreting the Lesson of the Church Year (Proclamation Six Series; Series B), 1996.
- The Word in Time: A Gospel Commentary for Sundays and Major Feasts, 1986.
- The Cologne Mani Codex (with Ron Cameron), 1978.
|This biography of an American theology academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|