|Arthur D. Lander|
|Institutions||University of California, Irvine
University of California, San Francisco
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|Thesis||Purification and characterization of "Neurite Outgrowth-Promoting Factors (1985)|
He was born in Brooklyn, New York, and is an alumnus of John Dewey High School there. He received a Bachelor of Arts from Yale University and a combined M.D., Ph.D from the University of California, San Francisco, under the direction of Louis Reichardt. His first faculty position was jointly in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences and the Department of Biology at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He moved as Professor to Irvine in 1995.
Lander's research is focused on the Systems Biology of Development, and deals with topics in Developmental Biology, Cell Biology, Mathematical & Computational Biology, Glycobiology, Neurobiology, and Engineering for example, of Laminin.
Lander serves on the editorial boards of PLOS Biology and the Journal of Biology, is a member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation, a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and a member of the Science Board of the Santa Fe Institute (SFI).
His brother, Eric Lander, is a geneticist and Professor of Biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), former member of the Whitehead Institute, and founding director of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. His wife, Anne Calof, is a Professor in the Department of Anatomy & Neurobiology at Irvine.
- Hynes, R. O.; Lander, A. D. (1992). "Contact and adhesive specificities in the associations, migrations, and targeting of cells and axons". Cell. 68 (2): 303–322. doi:10.1016/0092-8674(92)90472-O. PMID 1733501.
- Witt, D. P.; Lander, A. D. (1994). "Differential binding of chemokines to glycosaminoglycan subpopulations". Current Biology. 4 (5): 394–400. doi:10.1016/S0960-9822(00)00088-9. PMID 7922353.
- Ivins, J. K.; Colognato, H.; Kreidberg, J. A.; Yurchenco, P. D.; Lander, A. D. (1998). "Neuronal receptors mediating responses to antibodyactivated laminin-1". The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience. 18 (23): 9703–9715. PMID 9822731.
- Calof, A. L.; Campanero, M. R.; O'Rear, J. J.; Yurchenco, P. D.; Lander, A. D. (1994). "Domain-specific activation of neuronal migration and neurite outgrowth-promoting activities of laminin". Neuron. 13 (1): 117–130. doi:10.1016/0896-6273(94)90463-4. PMID 8043273.
- Calof, A. L.; Lander, A. D. (1991). "Relationship between neuronal migration and cell-substratum adhesion: Laminin and merosin promote olfactory neuronal migration but are anti-adhesive". The Journal of Cell Biology. 115 (3): 779–794. doi:10.1083/jcb.115.3.779. PMC . PMID 1918163.
- Lander, A. D.; Fujii, D. K.; Reichardt, L. F. (1985). "Purification of a factor that promotes neurite outgrowth: Isolation of laminin and associated molecules". The Journal of Cell Biology. 101 (3): 898–913. doi:10.1083/jcb.101.3.898. PMC . PMID 4030898.
- Lander, A. D.; Fujii, D. K.; Reichardt, L. F. (1985). "Laminin is associated with the "neurite outgrowth-promoting factors" found in conditioned media". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 82 (7): 2183–2187. doi:10.1073/pnas.82.7.2183. PMC . PMID 3856891.
- Member profile in American Society for Cell Biology Newsletter, 2001.
|This article about a biologist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|