Arthur Paul Mattuck
|Born||June 13, 1930|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Arthur Paul Mattuck (born June 13, 1930) is a professor of mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He may be best known for his 1998 book, Introduction to Analysis (ISBN 013-0-81-1327) and his differential equations video lectures featured on MIT's OpenCourseWare. Inside the department, he is well known to graduate students and instructors, as he watches the videotapes of new recitation teachers (an MIT-wide program in which the department participates). From 1959 to 1977 Mattuck was married to chemist Joan Berkowitz. Mattuck is quoted extensively in Sylvia Nasar's biography of John Nash A Beautiful Mind.
- Debus, A.G.; Marquis Who's Who, Inc (1968). World Who's Who in Science: A Biographical Dictionary of Notable Scientists from Antiquity to the Present. 2. Marquis-Who's Who, Incorporated. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Sylvia M. Stoesser Lectures in Chemistry: Joan B. Berkowitz". Department of Chemistry at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 2010. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-02-02.
- Differential Equations video lectures by Prof. Arthur Mattuck
- Prof. Arthur Mattuck Home Page
- "The Unofficial 18.02/18.03 Quote Book"
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|