|Arthur Henry Rosson Sr|
Rosson in 1921
24 August 1886|
Pau, France 
|Died||17 June 1960
Los Angeles, California
|Other names||Arthur H. Rosson|
|Occupation||Film director, second unit director|
|Spouse(s)||Louise (Lucille) Irana Niedermeyer (1895-1966)Married 2 Jun 1912, (Divorced)
Odetta M Bray (1916-1986)Married 1940
|Children||Helene R Rosson (1914-1993)
Arthur Henry Rosson Jr (1943-)
Gladys Odetlydia Rosson (1948-)
Arthur Rosson (24 August 1886 – 17 June 1960) was an English film director. He directed 61 films between 1917 and 1948. He also worked on many major films as a second unit director until 1960, particularly for Cecil B. DeMille.
Arthur Henry Rosson Sr born 14 June 1897, was the first child born of Jockey Horse Trainer Arthur Richard Rosson (1857-1935) & Hellen (née) Rochefort (1860-1933)
was born in Pau, France of British parents and died in Los Angeles, California. Rosson came from a film-making family. His brother, Harold Rosson, was an Academy Award-nominated cinematographer and several other family members were involved in the early film industry. He was also the brother of silent film actress Helene Rosson and actor and director Richard Rosson.
The six children of Arthur Richard Rosson and Hellen Rochefort. Arthur Richard Rosson was also married to one Anna Hatz but no current data of siblings.
- Arthur Henry Rosson Arthur Rosson 1886 – 1960
- Ethel (Queenie) Rosson Queenie Rosson1889 – 1978
- Gladys Rosson 1891 – 1953
- Richard Marquez Rosson Richard Rosson 1893 – 1953
- Harold G (Hal) Rosson Harold Rosson 1895 – 1988
- Helene M Rosson 1897 – 1985 Helene Rosson
- Bloodhounds of the North (1913 - written by)
- The Lie (1914 - acted in)
- The Honor of the Mounted (1914 - written by)
- Discord and Harmony (1914 - written by)
- Headin' South (1918)
- The Knickerbocker Buckaroo (1918)
- Sahara (1919 - directed by)
- You'd Be Surprised (1926)
- Red River (1948 - co-director)
- The Ten Commandments (1956 - unit director)
- California > District Court, Los Angeles (Roll 001-028) Declarations of Intention 1-98; 1-51600; 1887-12/5/1929 > (Roll 009) Declarations of Intention 34-37; 15100-17100; 2/24/21-7/22/21~~~~
- Maltin, Leonard (1978). The Art of the Cinematographer: A Survey and Interviews with Five Masters. Courier Dover Publications. p. 95. ISBN 978-0-486-23686-5.
- Arthur Rosson at the Internet Movie Database
- "Arthur Rosson". Find a Grave. Retrieved August 10, 2010.