Arthur Wellesley, Earl of Mornington
|Earl of Mornington|
31 January 1978 |
St Mary's Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Christ Church, Oxford
|Spouse(s)||Jemma Kidd (m. 2005)|
|Parent(s)||Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington
Antonia von Preussen, Marchioness of Douro
Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Earl of Mornington (born 31 January 1978 at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London) is the son of Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington. The Wellesleys are an aristocratic Anglo-Irish family. Through his mother, Antonia von Preussen, Duchess of Wellington, he is great-great-grandson of Kaiser Wilhelm II. As a descendant of Queen Victoria, he is eligible to succeed to the British throne.
Mornington was educated at Eton College and Christ Church, Oxford. He is a partner in merchant bank, Charterhouse Capital Partners: coincidentally, one of his professional rivals is a descendant of the first Marquess' adversary, Napoleon Bonaparte.
In 2005 he married makeup artist and fashion model Jemma Kidd, great-granddaughter of Lord Beaverbrook. Since 2014, following the succession of his father as Duke of Wellington he did not take the courtesy title of Marquess of Douro, preferring instead to remain Lord Mornington.
- Lady Mae Madeleine Wellesley (born 4 January 2010 at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London)
- Arthur Darcy, Viscount Wellesley (born 4 January 2010 at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London)
- The Honorable Alfred Wellesley (born 10 December 2014)
Lord Mornington is the heir apparent to the Dukedom of Wellington and to the titles Prince of Waterloo and Duke of Ciudad Rodrigo. The first two titles can only be inherited in the male line, while the last can also devolve upon the holder's daughters.
- Chassany, Anne-Sylvaine (June 12, 2015). "Waterloo reprised in a genial City setting". Financial Times.
- Lord Welleley page at thePeerage.com http://www.thepeerage.com/p10377.htm#i103767
- http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/births/110252/mornington. (2010). Birth announcements. The Daily Telegraph.
- Duke has great-grand-Kidds
|Lines of succession|
The Duchess of Wellington
|Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Victoria, Princess Royal, daughter of Queen Victoria
Earl of Mornington
|Page of Honour to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother