Arthur Wellesley, Marquess of Douro
|Marquess of Douro|
31 January 1978 |
|Alma mater||Eton College
Christ Church, Oxford
|Spouse(s)||Jemma, Marchioness of Douro|
|Children||Lady Mae Madeleine Wellesley
Arthur Darcy Wellesley, Earl of Mornington
Lord Alfred Wellesley
|Parent(s)||Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington
Princess Antonia of Prussia
Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Marquess of Douro (born 31 January 1978 in Paddington, London) is the son of Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington. The Wellesleys are an aristocratic Anglo-Irish family. Through his mother, Princess Antonia of Prussia, he is great-great-grandson of Kaiser Wilhelm II. As a descendant of Queen Victoria, he is eligible to succeed to the British throne.
He was educated at Eton College and Christ Church, Oxford. He married make up artist and fashion model Jemma Kidd, great-granddaughter of Lord Beaverbrook, on 4 June 2005 at St James' Church in Barbados. Upon her marriage, Jemma acquired the title of Countess of Mornington; since 2014, she has the title Marchioness of Douro. 
Lord Douro and his wife announced they were expecting twins, due in January 2010. Lady Douro gave birth to a girl and a boy, Lady Mae Madeleine and Arthur Darcy, Earl of Mornington. The twins were born on 4 January 2010, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. A third child, Lord Alfred Wellesley was born on 10 December 2014.
Lord Douro is the heir apparent to the Dukedom of Wellington and to the titles Prince of Waterloo, and Dukedom of Ciudad Rodrigo. The first two titles can only be inherited in the male line, while the last can also devolve upon the holder's daughters.
Titles and styles
- 1978 – 2014: Earl of Mornington
- 2014 – present: Marquess of Douro
- Jemma Kidd's husband becomes heir apparent to the Duke of Wellington after his grandfather dies six months before 200th anniversary of Waterloo
- The pair of Wellingtons bringing baby joy to Jemma Kidd
- Lord Welleley page at thePeerage.com http://www.thepeerage.com/p10377.htm#i103767
- http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/births/110252/mornington. (2010). Birth announcements. The Daily Telegraph.
- Duke has great-grand-Kidds
- Chassany, Anne-Sylvaine (June 12, 2015). "Waterloo reprised in a genial City setting". Financial Times.
Princess Antonia, Duchess of Wellington
|Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Victoria, Princess Royal, daughter of Queen Victoria
Arthur Wellesley, Earl of Mornington
First in line
|Line of succession to the Dukedom of Wellington
and to the Princedom of Waterloo
|Page of Honour to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother