Arthur Wellesley, Earl of Mornington
|Earl of Mornington|
31 January 1978|
St Mary's Hospital, London, England, United Kingdom
Christ Church, Oxford (MA)
Columbia Business School (MBA)
Jemma Kidd (m. 2005)
Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington|
Princess Antonia of Prussia
Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Earl of Mornington (born 31 January 1978), also known as simply Arthur Mornington, is the elder son of Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington. Since 2014, following the succession of his father as Duke of Wellington, he is entitled to the courtesy title of Marquess of Douro but continues to use the title Earl of Mornington.
The Wellesleys are an aristocratic Anglo-Irish family. Through his mother, Antonia von Preussen, Duchess of Wellington, he is a great-great-grandson of Kaiser Wilhelm II. As a descendant of Queen Victoria, he is eligible to succeed to the British throne.
Lord Mornington was educated at Eton College and Christ Church, Oxford where he received an MA degree in philosophy, politics and economics in 1999. He subsequently obtained an MBA degree from Columbia Business School in 2005. He was an employee of Bain & Company between 1999 and 2001, and for BC Partners between 2001 and 2003. He subsequently was a manager for Exponent Private Equity from 2005 to 2006. Next, he was a partner in the merchant bank Charterhouse Capital Partners from 2006 to 2016; coincidentally, one of his professional rivals is a descendant of the first Duke of Wellington's adversary, Napoleon Bonaparte. Currently, Mornington is a partner of private equity investor Oakley Capital since 2016.
- Lady Mae Madeleine Wellesley (born 4 January 2010 at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London)
- Arthur Darcy Wellesley, Viscount Wellesley (born 4 January 2010 at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London)
- The Honorable Alfred Wellesley (born 10 December 2014)
Mornington is the heir apparent to the Dukedom of Wellington (United Kingdom) and to the titles Prince of Waterloo (Netherlands), Duke of Victoria (Portugal), and Duke of Ciudad Rodrigo (Spain). The British Peerage and the first two foreign titles can only be inherited in the male line, while the Spanish one also can devolve upon the holder's daughters.
- Chassany, Anne-Sylvaine (June 12, 2015). "Waterloo reprised in a genial City setting". Financial Times.
- Oakley’s investment team - website of Oakley Capital
- http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/births/110252/mornington. (2010). Birth announcements. The Daily Telegraph.
- Duke has great-grand-Kidds
|Lines of succession|
The Duchess of Wellington
| Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Victoria, Princess Royal, daughter of Queen Victoria
Earl of Mornington
| Page of Honour to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother