Arthur von Posadowsky-Wehner
|Arthur von Posadowsky-Wehner|
Posadowsky-Wehner, photographed by Nicola Perscheid before 1930.
|Secretary for the Treasury of German Empire|
1 September 1893 – 1 July 1897
|Chancellor||Leo von Caprivi (1890–1894)
Chlodwig, Prince of Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst (1894–1900)
|Preceded by||Helmuth von Maltzahn|
|Succeeded by||Max Franz Guido von Thielmann|
|Secretary of the Interior of German Empire|
1 July 1897 – 24 June 1907
|Chancellor||Chlodwig, Prince of Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst (1894–1900)
Bernhard von Bülow (1900–1909)
|Preceded by||Karl Heinrich von Boetticher|
|Succeeded by||Theobald von Bethmann-Hollweg|
3 June 1845|
Gross-Glogau, Province of Silesia, Prussia
|Died||23 October 1932
Naumburg, Province of Saxony, Prussia
|Political party||German National People's Party|
|Alma mater||University of Berlin
University of Heidelberg
University of Breslau
Arthur Adolf, Count of Posadowsky-Wehner, Baron of Postelwitz (German: Arthur Graf von Posadowsky-Wehner Freiherr von Postelwitz, 3 June 1845 – 23 October 1932) was a German conservative politician and statesman. He served as Secretary for the Treasury (1893–1897), Secretary of the Interior, Vice Chancellor of Germany and Prussian Minister of State (1897–1907).
Born to Silesian nobility, the son of a judge, Posadowsky-Wehner studied law in Berlin, Heidelberg and Breslau and earned a doctorate in law in 1867. He subsequently acquired an agricultural property, and entered politics in 1871, when he became a member of the province government in Posen. In 1882 he became a member of the Parliament of Prussia, and was appointed Landeshauptmann of Posen in 1885.
Posadowsky was a crucial figure for the election reform in 1903. He took care of a new voting technique to protect the secrecy of the ballot for the German parliament.
- Order of Wilhelm I - 27 January 1900 - on the occasion of the Emperor´s birthday.
- Order of the Red Eagle, Grand Cross with Oak leaves - 27 January 1902 - on the occasion of the Emperor´s birthday.
- Über die Altersversorgung der Arbeiter (1883)
- Geschichte des schlesischen adligen Geschlechtes der Grafen Posadowsky-Wehner, Freiherren von Postelwitz (1891)
- Luxus und Sparsamkeit (1909)
- Die Wohnungsfrage als Kulturproblem (1910)
- Volk und Regierung im neuen Reich (1932)
- "Germany". The Times (36051). London. 29 January 1900. p. 6.
- "The German Emperor´s birthday". The Times (36676). London. 28 January 1902. p. 3.
Karl Heinrich von Boetticher
|Vice Chancellor of Germany
Theobald von Bethmann-Hollweg