From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Articulation may refer to:
- Articulation (phonetics), the movement of the tongue, lips, jaw, and other speech organs to make speech sounds
- Articulatory gestures, the actions necessary to enunciate language
- Articulatory phonetics, the study of how humans produce speech sounds via the interaction of physiological structures
- Articulatory phonology, a theory that attempts to unify phonetics and phonology
- Articulatory speech recognition, the recovery of speech from acoustic signals
- Articulatory synthesis, computational techniques for synthesizing speech based on models of human articulation processes
- Topic–focus articulation, a field of study concerned with marking old and new information in a clause
- Articulated vehicles, which have a pivoted joint allowing them to turn more sharply
- Articulation score, in telecommunications, a subjective measure of the intelligibility of a voice system
- Axle articulation, a vehicle's ability to flex its suspension, measured by ramp travel index
- Articulation (anatomy), the location at which two or more bones make contact
- Articulation (architecture), in art and architecture, is a method of styling the joints in the formal elements of architectural design
- Articulation (botany), a joint between two separable parts, as a leaf and a stem; see Glossary of botanical terms
- Articulation (dentistry), the contact relationship of the occlusal surfaces of the upper and lower teeth when moving into and away from centric occlusion.
- Articulation (education), the process of comparing the content of courses that are transferred between postsecondary institutions
- Articulation (music), the transition or continuity between multiple notes or sounds
- Articulation (sociology), the process by which particular classes appropriate cultural forms and practices for their own use
- Articulation point, in graph theory, shared vertices of a biconnected component
- Articulatory suppression, a process of inhibiting memory by requiring an individual to repeat an irrelevant speech sound
- Articulatory technique, a type of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Articulation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.