|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Louisa Dent (MD, Artificial Eye)
Philip Knatchbull (CEO, CAE) Tony Tabatznik (Chairman and majority owner, Curzon World)
The company was founded in 1976 by Andi Engel (11 November 1942 – 26 December 2006), a German-born film enthusiast, and his then wife, Pamela Balfry, who had a background working with Richard Roud at the London Film Festival. She became Artificial Eye's first managing director.
Since 2006, Artficial Eye is part of Curzon World, a group of companies in the film entertainment industry which also includes the Curzon chain of seven cinemas plus eight joint venture cinemas, video on demand service Curzon Home Cinema, the retail DVD distributor Fusion Media Sales, and horror film distributor Chelsea Films (launched in 2010).
Artificial Eye releases some 20 new theatrical films and 30 DVD titles in the UK each year, as well as digital releases via several platforms, such as iTunes, Lovefilm, FilmFlex and in-house Curzon On Demand.
- The Independent, 4 January 2007: Obituary, Andi Engel Retrieved 2012-10-25
- BFI database: Engel, Pamela Retrieved 2012-10-25
- Hollywood Reporter, 7 November 2011: Artificial Eye Scores With More Than Half European Film Academy Nominations On Its Release Roster Retrieved 2012-10-25
- The Guardian, 15 January 2007: Obituary, Andi Engel Retrieved 2012-10-25
- Curzon: Our cinemas Retrieved 2012-10-25
- Curzon Artificial Eye website Retrieved 2012-10-25