|Industry||Computer Software, Natural language, Intelligent software assistant,|
|Founder||Johan Åhlund, Johan Gustavsson and Michael Söderström|
Number of locations
|Offices worldwide with R&D centers in Stockholm, Barcelona, London, Mountain View, Milan, Utrecht and Hamburg|
Artificial Solutions is a multinational software company that develops and sells natural language interaction products for enterprise and consumer use. The company's natural language solutions have been deployed in a wide range of industries including finance, telecoms, the public sector, retail and travel.
Artificial Solutions was founded in Stockholm in 2001 by friends Johan Åhlund, Johan Gustavsson and Michael Söderström to create interactive web assistants using a combination of artificial intelligence and natural language processing. Though Åhlund initially took some persuading, he thought it sounded ridiculous to be talking to a virtual agent on the internet.
The company expanded with the development of online customer service optimization products and by 2005 it had several offices throughout Europe supporting the development and sales of its online virtual assistants. Artificial Solutions was placed as visionary in the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for CRM Web Customer Service Applications.
In 2006 Artificial Solutions acquired Kiwilogic, a German software house creating its own virtual assistants. Elbot, Artificial Solutions’ test-bed to explore the psychology of human-machine communication, won the Loebner Prize in 2008 and is the closest contestant of the annual competition based on the Turing Test to reach the 30% threshold by fooling 25% of the human judges.
With a change in management in 2010 the company started to focus the basis of its technology on Natural Language Interaction and launched the Teneo Platform, which allows people to hold humanlike, intelligent conversations with applications and services running on electronic devices. In 2013 Artificial Solutions launched Indigo, a mobile personal assistant that is able to operate and remember the context of the conversation across different platforms and operating systems. A new round of funding was announced in June 2013. The $9.4m will be used to support expansion in the US market.
In February 2014 Artificial Solutions announced the Teneo Network of Knowledge, a patented intelligent framework that enables users to interact using natural language with private, shared and public ecosystem of devices, also known as the Internet of Things. Lawrence Flynn remains the CEO, and Chris Bushnell is CFO.
- Teneo, Artificial Solutions, 2019
- Ion, Florence (2013-06-05). "Review: Indigo wants to bring Siri-like conversation to the Android platform". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Thompson, Scott. "Agria working with Artificial Solutions". FStech. Perspective Publishing. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Savvas, Antony. "Co-operative Bank uses Mia to speed up contact centre calls". Computerworld UK. IDG. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Thompson, Scott. "2012 FStech Awards: winners announced". FStech. Perspective Publishing. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Westerholm, Joel. "Telenors elektroniska kundtjänst pressar kostnaderna". ComputerSweden. IDG. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "Artificial Solutions Powers Online IVA for Vodafone". LangTechNews. Archived from the original on 12 September 2013. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Brax, Sofia. "Digitala kolleger alltid till tjänst". Publik. Fackforbundet ST. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Nilsson, Orjan. "Cyber-damene husker deg". Nettavisen. iBergen.
- Aaron Travis (2013-01-05). "In Defense Of The Humble App Walkthrough". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Fox, Linda. "CWT brings virtual face to mobile service". Tnooz. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "Löjlig affärside vinstlott för Artificial Solutions". IT24. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Al grano". Elnuevolunes.es. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Barry Levine. "Gartner MQ for CRM Web Customer Service: Kana, Moxie Software, Oracle-RightNow Among Leaders". Cmswire.com. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Venture Capital: KIWILOGIC.COM AG". Earlybird. Archived from the original on 2013-07-23. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Loebner Prize
- "UK | England | Berkshire | Test explores if robots can think". BBC News. 2008-10-13. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Robson, David. "Almost human: Interview with a chatbot". New Scientist. Reed Business Information Ltd.
- Mike Elgan (2013-03-09). "Smart apps think (so you don't have to)". Computerworld. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Artificial Solutions Unveils a Software Toolkit for Adding Speech to Mobile Apps". SpeechTechMag.com. 2012-01-17. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Så effektiv er Ikeas chat-robot: Har været på 'efteruddannelse' - Computerworld". Computerworld.dk. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Hoyle, Andrew (2013-02-24). "Indigo brings Siri-like assistance to Android for free (hands-on) | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews". Reviews.cnet.com. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Indigo Wants to Be Your Personal Assistant Across Devices". Lifehacker.com. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Wollman, Dana (2013-02-26). "Indigo is a cloud-based, cross-platform personal assistant for Android and Windows Phone 8 (hands-on)". Engadget.com. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Artificial Solutions raises $9.4m in Scope-led round for US expansion | AltAssets Private Equity News". Altassets.net. 2013-06-25. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Trenholm, Rich. "Next generation of personal assistant takes a step towards 'Her'-style super-Siri". Cnet. CBS Interactive.
- Leadership Team, Artificial Solutions, 2019