||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
An artificial vagina is a device designed to imitate the female sex organ. To achieve this, it will generally be made of a soft material, lubricated, and sometimes heated. It may be designed for medical research purposes, animal breeding, or as a sex toy for erotic stimulation.
Artificial vaginas are widely used by farms in cattle artificial insemination programs and semen collection centers for collecting animal sperm and its further application. An artificial vagina designed for collecting semen will imitate some or all of the anatomical features and behaviors of an animal's vagina.
There are several types of collecting apparatus, but the general design uses a tube with a normally sterile inner liner and hard outer shell. The walls of the tube may be hollow and filled with warm water to mimic a natural body temperature for better results, and may contain a filter to separate the semen.
An artificial vagina for the purposes of sexual stimulation is essentially an aid to human masturbation; and is also known as masturbation aid, masturbator, or pocket pussy. It is designed to simulate the sensation of sexual intercourse on the erect penis and to induce orgasm and ejaculation. It will often have moving parts such as vibrators that increase stimulation rather than accurately simulate a woman's vagina.
Usually the artificial vagina has a realistic or close to realistic appearance with a sleeve, where the penis can be inserted. The sleeve, or as it is also called "vaginal tunnel", measures in average from 10 to 20 centimetres (4 to 8 inches) and can have an open end for inserting a vibrating bullet, if the user wishes.
This type of artificial vagina is modeled on female genitals. For marketing purposes many manufacturers design the vagina like the exact replica of some famous pornographic actress' vulva. Realistic vaginas are made to simulate the natural physiology: pubic bones, hair, labia, all natural creases and dimples, etc.
Several realistic vaginas are manufactured with a narrower anal orifice for those users who also like to simulate anal sex. The natural vagina has a series of ridges called rugae, and manufacturers often add nubs or ribs into artificial vaginas to simulate the rugae and enhance pleasure.
These artificial vaginas superficially resemble the previous one, but they have the added feature of a vibrating element — usually a removable vibrating bullet that can be easily inserted into a hole into the bottom or the end of the sleeve. For more intensive sensations there are a variety of functions: vibrating, pulsating, surging, rotating, multi-speed, etc.
Vibrating bullets are usually controlled by a panel connected by a wire. Some kinds of vibrating artificial vagina are designed effect, replicating the role of a penis pump—with a bulb squeezed by the user.
The artificial vagina as a sex toy is designed from the materials that maximally imitate the natural skin. The materials used in manufacturing artificial vaginas are stretchable and elastic for accommodating any penis size.
- Cyberskin, Ultra realistic or Futurotic (mixture of PVC and silicone) and some other patented materials - natural feel materials that are quite porous, therefore requiring special care before and after use. These materials from the trade mark lines are also highly sensual and plush.
- Plants (fruits and vegetables) - hollow cucumbers, banana skins, papayas and other produce items can be used as improvised masturbators. They have the advantage of wide availability, low cost, and flesh-like texture.
- Rubber (elastic hydrocarbon polymer) - an extremely flexible and resilient material with the high level of durability. Porous nature of rubber makes it hard to clean.
- Soft plastics (Poly vinyl chloride) - very popular material for sex toys that creates a jelly-like feel, though it has a specific rubber odor.
- Latex (natural rubber derived from plants) - flexible material that may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
The above materials are all porous and therefore require special care to avoid bacterial accumulation. Manufacturers recommend protecting them by applying a condom during use. This is less of a concern with artificial vaginas made from silicone, which, while generally more expensive, is non-porous and can be disinfected after cleaning with a bleach solution or heat.
- Grant Barrett (2006). The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English. McGraw-Hill Professional. p. 116. ISBN 0-07-145804-2.
- Kobori; Sato, Ryo; Ashizawa, Yoshio; Yagi, Hiroshi; So, Shigehiro; Arai, Gaku; Okada, Hiroshi (December 30, 2009). "射精障害患者に対する Masturbator を用いたリハビリテーション" [Rehabilitation for ejaculatory dysfunction with using a masturbator]. The Japanese Journal of Impotence Research (in Japanese). 24 (3): 355–357.
- "Collection methods" (27 November 2005). New Straits Times, p. F2.
- Tornton, Liza (2008-08-05). "Realistic pattern of your privates". Articlesabout.biz. Archived from the original on October 13, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Artificial vaginas.|