Artigarvan (from Irish: Ard Tí Garbháin, meaning "height of Garbhan's house") is a village and townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is 3 miles from Strabane and 4 miles from Dunnamanagh, within the Strabane District Council area. It is called Airtigarvan in Ulster-Scots.
LacPatrick is located in Artigarvan, having previously been known as Leckpatrick Creamery and TMC Daries Ltd
Artigarvan is classified as a small village or hamlet by the NI Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) (i.e. with population between 500 and 1,000 people). On Census day (29 April 2001) there were 603 people living in Artigarvan. Of these:
- 27.9% were aged under 16 years and 11.3% were aged 60 and over
- 51.1% of the population were male and 48.9% were female
- 92.5% were from a Protestant background and 6.8% were from a Catholic background
- 3.2% of people aged 16–74 were unemployed
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Artigarvan.|
- "Artigarvan". Place Names NI. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- Yearly Din 2004 Archived September 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine North/South Ministerial Council.
- Applegate List of Companies Archived February 16, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "Townlands of County Tyrone". IreAtlas Townland Database. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Census of Ireland 1851". Enhanced Parliamentary Papers on Ireland. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Census of Ireland 1891". Enhanced Parliamentary Papers on Ireland. Retrieved 28 December 2012.