||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
184.108.40.206623/ November 4, 2013
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS|
|Available in||English, German, Danish, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Japanese, Arabic, Chinese, Polish, Russian|
|Type||automated WYSIWYG editor|
Artisteer automates creating Web templates, including a "Suggest Design" button, which randomly generates Web design and displays the design preview. The user can then adjust the design using variety of options, and export the design as either a Web template in XHTML and CSS format, or a WordPress theme.
The first version of Artisteer was released in September 2008. Artisteer version 3.0 was released on June 2011. The current version is Artisteer 4.1 for Windows and 3.1 Beta for Macintosh.
Overview and features
As an automated WYSIWYG editor, Artisteer hides the details of pages' HTML code from the user, making it possible for non-coders to create web templates and blog themes. The application makes it very easy to create tableless layouts. The created code complies with W3C standards. Artisteer allows users to preview websites in many browsers, provided that they are installed on their computer.
Unlike other HTML editors, Artisteer does not create fully functional Web sites, but creates Web templates that are then to be either manually integrated with a Web applications or applied to a CMS system. Artisteer also provides an option to export Wordpress themes, which do not require further modifications and can be applied to a Wordpress system by copying them directly into Wordpress "themes" folder.
Artisteer allows for some automation of web design in the sense of being able to successfully assemble a usable Web template from random elements without user intervention. The user invokes the automation feature by selecting the "Suggest Design" option, and can then review the suggested random design. Theoretically this method can produce an unlimited number of original Web designs.
The term "Web Design Automation" (a registered mark of iRadek Software), is now more and more commonly being used to describe these and other forms of software that essentially remove the need to perform many of the traditional task associated with web design and web deployment.
|Major Version||Platform||Release Date||Significant changes|
|1.0||Macintosh, Windows||September 2008||
|2.0||Macintosh, Windows||March 2009|
|3.0||Macintosh, Windows||June 2011||
|4.0||Macintosh, Windows||September 2012||
Artisteer is available in the following languages:
English, German, Dutch, Danish, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Japanese, Arabic (Middle Eastern version), Chinese, Polish and Russian.
- Visual editing of website templates.
- The product installation package includes a wide variety of graphic elements such as backgrounds, textures, effects, and photos.
- Allows a user to create a web site design and/or web site template, simply by pressing the "Submit" button.
- The design elements can also be configured manually.
- The finished design can be quickly and easily exported to artisteer.net or to several popular CMS like Joomla!, WordPress, Drupal, Blogger, DotNetNuke. Alternatively one can just get the HTML code.
- The output of the finished design is compliant with "XHTML 1.0 Transitional" and contains validated HTML and CSS conforming to the W3C web standards.
- The finished design looks the same in all modern web browsers.