Arturo Char Chaljub
|Arturo Char Chaljub|
|Senator of Colombia|
20 July 2006 – 20 July 2010
5 November 1967 |
Barranquilla, Atlántico, Colombia
|Political party||Radical Change|
|Spouse(s)||Alessandra Warner Sánchez|
|Relations||Fuad Char Abdala (father)
Alejandro Char Chaljub (brother)
|Children||Fuad Char Warner
John Char Warner
Adela Char Warner
Arturo Char Warner
Victoria Char Warner
|Alma mater||Kennesaw State University|
Arturo comes from a well established and influential, Arab-Colombian family, he is the son of Fuad Char Abdala, a Liberal Senator of Colombia and former Minister of Economic Development, and Ambassador of Colombia to Portugal, and his wife Adela Chaljub Char. His brother, Alejandro Char Chaljub is the current Mayor of Barranquilla, and his cousin, David Char Navas, is also a senator. Many of his relatives, are shareholders of the Junior Barranquilla, the city's foremost soccer team. He married Alessandra Warner Sánchez, whom he met while studying at Kennesaw State University in Georgia, United States. Together they have five children, Fuad, John, Adela, Arturo and Victoria.
- "Profile of Arturo Char Chaljub" (in Spanish). Campaign of Arturo Char Chaljub. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- Naissir, Loor. "Arturo Char Chaljub". El Heraldo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-10-26.[permanent dead link]
- "Senador Arturo Char Chaljub" (in Spanish). Congreso Visible. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- "Reseña Histórica De La C.P.D. Júnior" [Historical Review of the CDP Junior] (in Spanish). Junior Barranquilla. Archived from the original on 12 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- Naissir, Loor. "Alessandra Warner". El Heraldo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-10-26.[permanent dead link]