||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Arty at Alfa Future People Festival 2015
|Native name||Артём Столяров|
|Birth name||Artyom Stoliarov|
|Born||Engels, Russian SSR, Soviet Union (now Russia)|
Arty (born Artyom Stolyarov (Russian: Артём Столяро́в, pronounced [ɐrˈtʲɵm stəlʲɪˈrof]) in Engels) is a Russian record producer and DJ. He has collaborated with Armin van Buuren, Above & Beyond, BT, Paul van Dyk, Mat Zo, OneRepublic and Matisse & Sadko.
At the age of eight years old, Arty's grandmother insisted that he should go to music school, which he successfully completed at fourteen years old. After that he seriously considered applying for a music college, but eventually decided against it, because the chance to become a professional pianist was really small and because he stopped enjoying playing the instrument. Instead he learned to use an FL Studio sequencer. His love for video games and electronics led to his liking towards production equipment. Eventually he began to become inspired by artists like The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers and The Crystal Method. After graduating from the Saratov State University with a degree in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Arty decided to seriously engage in electronic music.
Arty released his first production, Inside Of Me / Flip Flop with Misha Kitone. His next EP, Vanilla Sky appeared on the label Enhanced Music and brought him to the attention of many worldwide known DJs. The Enhanced Progressive label was the first to sign Arty as an artist. His single "Bliss" appeared on track listing of A State Of Trance with Armin van Buuren in late 2009 and his breakthrough came later that year when Above & Beyond signed him to Anjunabeats. They featured his singles "Rush" and "The Wonder" in their club sets and on their radio show Trance Around the World. Following that, Arty released Trio alongside Matisse & Sadko on Axwell's Axtone label in 2011.
Following his release on Axtone Records in 2011, Arty collaborated with fellow Anjunabeats signed artist Mat Zo. Their first joint production Rebound was released on 19 April 2011 as the 200th single of Anjunabeats. The song was voted Webvote Winner on three straight occasions in the radio show Trance Around the World. At the anniversary party for ASOT 500 of Armin van Buuren's radio show A State of Trance on 9 April 2011 in Den Bosch, the two DJs played on the Main Floor along some well established DJs such as Markus Schulz, Above & Beyond, Gareth Emery, and Armin van Buuren himself. Since then, Arty has played at Electric Daisy Carnival, Tomorrowland, Creamfields, Ushuaia Ibiza, XS Encore Las Vegas, and Amnesia Ibiza to name a few.
In 2014 Arty became the first Russian musician to sign with the American Insomniac record label and in 2015, Arty released his debut artist album Glorious. Glorious was released on Insomniac Records on 9 October 2015. Arty has had countless releases on labels like Enhanced Progressive, Vandit Records, Insomniac Records, Anjunabeats, Spinnin', Axtone, and Revealed. Most recently, Arty released Bloodfire on Hardwell's label Revealed and is set to release a track on Anjunabeats entitled Distorted Love.
Awards and recognition
In 2010, Arty appeared in the Top 100 DJs selection of DJ Magazine, where he appeared at 78th. In 2011 Arty climbed 53 spots to position 25 on the list, but moved down three spots in 2012 to take 28th. At the International Dance Music Awards 2011 he was nominated in the category Best Break-Through DJ. However, the award went to Afrojack. In 2012, Arty was nominated twice for the IDMA's in the category for Best Trance Track for his collaboration with Paul van Dyk: The Ocean, and his collaboration with BT and Nadia Ali: This Must Be The Love. In 2013, he ranked 57th in the DJ Mag Top 100, and in 2014, he also made the list at #99, despite having a quiet year. Arty appeared on the Fall 2013 cover of Vonnubi Press Magazine along with a 10-page spread. He shared the fall issue with other big EDM names such as Zedd, Madeon, and Hardwell.
- Glorious (2015)
- "Arty Bio, Music, News & Shows". DJZ.com. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "Russian youngster Arty kicks off 2013 with "Together We Are"". Beatport News (EN). 2013-02-21. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "IDMA nominees: Arty, Nadia Ali & BT 'Must Be The Love' - Armada Music". Armada Music. 2013-02-04. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Paul Van Dyk Taps Arty, Austin Leeds, Adam Young For Evolution". MTV News. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Will.i.am Admits Copyright Infringement of Arty & Mat Zo's "Rebound"". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Arty remixes OneRepublic's "I Lived" - EARMILK". EARMILK. 2014-09-17. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Preview: Arty, Matisse & Sadko – Trio [Axtone]". Beat My Day - It's all about the house music!. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Arty's 'Glorious' Is Glorious Art". The Huffington Post. 2015-10-19. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- Tran, Dennis (2015-10-09). "Arty Releases "Glorious" Debut Studio Album - EDMTunes". EDMTunes. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "INTERVIEW: Arty Is Ready To Bask In The 'Glorious' Life". iHeartRadio. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "ARTY | Arty Interview". artyofficial.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "ARTY | Official website". artyofficial.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Arty". Insomniac.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "A Glorious Journey". The Huffington Post. 2015-10-29. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- Riggs-Zeigen, Adam. "Rock your next workout!". www.rockmyrun.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Episode 427". A State of Trance. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- staff, Miami New Times (2014-12-19). "Arty Talks Insomniac Records: "I'm Excited to Be the First Artist They Signed"". Miami New Times. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Trance Around The World with Above & Beyond #317 playlist". www.trancearoundtheworld.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Trance Around The World with Above & Beyond #335 playlist". www.trancearoundtheworld.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Arty, Matisse & Sadko New Releases: Trio on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "AnjunaNews : Above & Beyond, Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep News: Announcing the world first collaboration between Arty and Mat Zo - "Rebound"". Anjunanews.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2015-10-23.
- "Review | Arty & Mat Zo - Rebound | United States Trance Movement". Usatrancemovement.com. 2011-04-15. Retrieved 2015-10-23.
- "A State of Trance 500: Den Bosch". A State of Trance. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "A State of Trance 500: Den Bosch « A State of Trance". Astateoftrance.com. Retrieved 2015-10-23.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Arty On His New Album 'Glorious' And His Plans To Return To Australia | MTV". www.mtv.com.au. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Arty Releases New Single". Insomniac.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Arty 'Glorious': A Track-by-Track Review". Insomniac.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "PAUL VAN DYK Releases "The Ocean" Featuring Arty Today, Monday, July 2 via Beatport | Mitch Schneider Organization". www.msopr.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Arty Teams Up With Matisse & Sadko To Release 'Riot' On Spinnin' Records". Mixjunkies. 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Arty debuts on Revealed Recordings with the energetically bold 'Bloodfire' | Radioandmusic.com". www.radioandmusic.com. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- Revealed Recordings (2016-05-09), Arty - Bloodfire [OUT NOW!], retrieved 2016-06-08
- Lazarevic, Petar (2016-06-06). "Arty graces the dance music spectrum with latest opus "Distorted Love"". We Rave You. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Top 100 DJs / 78. Arty". DJ Mag. Archived from the original on 10 June 2011. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120103200758/http://www.djmag.com/top100/detail/2710/3. Archived from the original on 3 January 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2012. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130208024718/http://www.djmag.com/node/34718. Archived from the original on 8 February 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013. Missing or empty
- "IDMA's - 2013 IDMA Nominees FOR 2012 - Winter Music Conference 2015 - WMC 2015". Wintermusicconference.com. Retrieved 2015-10-23.