This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||Sunnyvale, California, U.S. (February 2002)|
|Revenue||US$2.9 billion (FY 2018)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
The company was founded in Sunnyvale, California in 2002 by Keerti Melkote and Pankaj Manglik. On March 2, 2015, Hewlett-Packard announced it would acquire Aruba Networks for approximately USD$3 billion in an all-cash deal. On May 19, 2015, HP completed the acquisition. As of November 1, 2015, the company operates as a subsidiary of Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, and continues to focus on campus and branch networking.
On November 13, 2018, Aruba announced new enterprise networking solutions and AI software. 
On November 20, 2018, Aruba launches its first Wi-Fi 6 product.
2002 – Aruba Wireless Networks founded by Keerti Melkote and Pankaj Manglik
2003 – First customer shipment to Warner Bros.
2005 – Company enters into OEM agreement for Alcatel-Lucent to resell wireless equipment; Microsoft standardizes on Aruba Networks wireless
2006 – Dominic Orr becomes Chief Executive Officer
2007 – Aruba Networks trades on the NASDAQ exchange
2010 – Exceeds 1 Million total AP's shipped
2011 – Exceeds $1 Billion of total revenue
2012 – Enters the Network Access Control market to address BYOD growth
2013 – Expands into the Location Services market with wayfinding and BLE technology
2015 – Hewlett Packard announces intent to acquire Aruba Networks
2017 – Expands security portfolio with User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) solution
2018 – Introduces AI-based Analytics and Assurance portfolio
- Networking: Wi-Fi Access Points (indoor & outdoor), Ethernet Switches, Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC) & SD-WAN products
- Network Management: AirWave Management Platform, cloud-based Central; Activate for asset inventory management & provisioning
- Network Security: ClearPass Policy Manager for Network Access Control; IntroSpect for User & Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA)
- Analytics & Service Assurance: NetInsight; Service Assurance Sensors (formerly Cape Networks)
- Location-Based Services: Aruba Beacons, Aruba Tags, Meridian Location Services Engine, Meridian AppMaker, Analytics Location Engine (ALE)
- Network Chemistry, acquired in July 2007
- AirWave Wireless was acquired on January 9, 2008
- Azalea Networks was acquired on September 2, 2010
- Amigopod Assets and Technology was acquired on December 14, 2010
- Avenda Systems was acquired on December 8, 2011
- Meridian Apps was acquired on May 16, 2013
- HP acquires Aruba Networks on March 2, 2015
- Rasa Networks was acquired on May 16, 2016
- Niara Inc. was acquired on February 1, 2017
- Cape Networks was acquired on March 27, 2018
- Gartner recognizes Aruba as a leader in their 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant (MQ) market report for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure for the 13th consecutive year.
- Aruba received the highest ranking in 5 out of 6 use cases in Gartner's 2018 Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure Critical Capabilities (CC) report.
- Aruba named among CRN’s 2018 20 Coolest Network Security Vendors for its 360 Secure Fabric
- Aruba named among CRN’s 2018 25 Coolest Mobile Software and Service Vendors for its mobile-first architecture
- Aruba IntroSpect wins the SC Magazine 2018 award for Best Threat Detection Technology
- Gartner recognizes Aruba as a leader in their 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant (MQ) market report for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure for the 12th consecutive year.
- Gartner’s 2017 Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure Critical Capabilities (CC) report, recognizing Aruba as the industry’s top vendor in all categories. Aruba received the highest product scores in 6 out of 6 use cases
- Aruba Partner Ready for Networking was named a 5-Star Security Program and a 5-Star Networking and Unified Communications vendor in CRN’s 2017 Partner Program Guide
- Aruba Asset Tracking named a winner of IoT Evolution’s 2017 Asset Tracking Award
- Aruba’s 8400 Switch Series named 2017 Product of the Year by CRN
- Aruba’s Universal Profiler received the 2017 Network Innovation Award from Tech Target
- Aruba’s 8400 Switch and Asset Tracking wins CRN’s 2017 Tech Innovator for Networking Awards
- Aruba’s 8400 switch receives the 2017 New Product Award for School Planning & Management
- "HP to acquire Aruba Networks for about $3B". cnbc.com. March 2, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2018.
- Tom Li, IT World Canada. "HPE Aruba announces new enterprise networking solutions and AI software." November 13, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Wifi Now Events. "Aruba launches its first Wi-Fi 6 product, Quantenna chips to power Starry’s 8×8 MIMO." November 20, 2018. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "Aruba acquires WLAN management vendor AirWave". networkworld.com. January 9, 2008. Retrieved September 25, 2018.
- "2018 Security 100: 20 Coolest Network Security Vendors". crn.com. March 5, 2018. Retrieved September 25, 2018.
- Alspach, Kyle. "2018 Mobility 100: 25 Coolest Mobile Software And Service Vendors".
- "Template - Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company". engage.arubanetworks.com.
- "Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company". engage.arubanetworks.com.
- Staff, CRN. "2017 Partner Program Guide Details".
- "IoT Evolution Announces Winners of 2017 Asset Tracking Awards". www.iotevolutionworld.com.
- Alspach, Kyle. "CRN's 2017 Products Of The Year".
- "Aruba gets NIA for network device detection software".
- Staff, CRN. "2017 Tech Innovators Databank".
- Staff, CRN. "2017 Tech Innovators Databank".
- "2018 New Product Awards -- Spaces4Learning". Spaces4Learning.