Arun Sharma (Punjab cricketer)
|Full name||Arun Kumar Sharma|
|Born||21 April 1958|
Amritsar, Punjab, India
|Domestic team information|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 14 October 2017
A wicket-keeper, Sharma made his first-class debut at the age of 20 for India Under-22s against the touring West Indies team in November 1978. He played for Punjab in the Ranji Trophy for the first time the following month, starting a 16-season run as the team's first-choice wicket-keeper. He was part of the Punjab team that lifted the 1992–93 Ranji Trophy, effecting seven dismissals in the final against Maharashtra. Sharma appeared in a total of 73 first-class matches and effected over 200 dismissals.
Sharma continued to be associated with the sport after his playing career. He worked as a selector for the India under-19 team. He also worked as the head coach of the Punjab senior side for several years until the appointment of Ajay Ratra in 2017 for that position. In 2017, the Punjab Cricket Association selected Sharma as its joint secretary.
- "First-Class Matches played by Arun Sharma". CricketArchive. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Karhadkar, Amol (28 January 2014). "'One of the ends was a green top, the other a dustbowl'". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Arun Sharma". CricketArchive. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Gupta, Shalini (2 February 2015). "With 1,000 runs in 7 matches, 15-yr-old helps Punjab lift U-16 trophy". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Kanthwal, Gaurav (24 September 2017). "Gupta elected PCA prez". The Tribune India. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Sharma, Nitin (25 September 2017). "Industrialist Rajinder Gupta elected Punjab Cricket Association chief". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2017.