|Arusha Urban District|
Arusha Urban District's location within Arusha Region.
Arusha Urban District (or Arusha City Council) is one of the seven districts of the Arusha Region of Tanzania, and it contains the regional and economic capital; the city of Arusha. It is bordered to the south, west and north by Arusha Rural District and to east by Meru District. As of 1994, Arusha District was the wealthiest district in Tanzania with 91,024 Tanzanian shillings.
According to the 2012 Tanzania National Census, the population of Arusha Urban District was 416,442.
Furthermore, Arusha Airport is also located within the district's boundaries.
For parliamentary elections, Arusha Region is divided into constituencies. As of the 2010 elections Arusha District had one constituency, Arusha Constituency.
- Grawert, Elke (2009). Departures from Post-Colonial Authoritarianism: Analysis of System Change With a Focus on Tanzania. Peter Lang. p. 171. ISBN 3631574673. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- "2002 Population and Housing General Report: Arusha: Arusha". Archived from the original on 18 March 2004.
- "Census 2012". National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Arusha Roads Network" (PDF). Tanroads. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- In English, the Swahili "Daraja Mbili" means two bridges.
|This Arusha Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|