Arvand Free Zone
|Free Economic Zone|
|Headquarters||Abadan, khorramshahr, Iran|
The Arvand Freezone is a 155 square kilometer industrial and security zone that surrounds Khorramshahr, Abadan, and Minoo Island along the Shatt al-Arab waterway (known as Arvand Rud in Iran) in Khuzestan Province, Iran.
The website of the Arvand Freezone Organisation lists some of its goals, including:
- Commercial and industrial development
- Job creation
- Increasing national income
- Stabilization of national security 
According to an agreement made between Arvand Free Trade Zone and the Oil Ministry, an oil refinery that is to be constructed in the vicinity of the zone will raise the momentum of economic growth of the province.
- "Google Maps". Maps.google.com. Retrieved 2015-11-29.
- "سازمان منطقه آزاد اروند - Arvand Free Zone Organization". سازمان منطقه آزاد اروند. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Iran: Arvand Free Trade Zone goes on stream in Khuzestan province". payvand.com. Retrieved 29 November 2015.