1962 (age 57–58)
|Education||IIT Kanpur (B.Tech)|
University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (PhD)
|Known for||10th CEO of IBM (effective from April 6th, 2020)|
|Title||SVP of IBM|
Arvind Krishna (born 1962) is an Indian American business executive, the senior vice president of IBM since 2015. Arvind began his career as an engineer and rose quickly to executive positions in the company. He was an architect of the deal with Red Hat for $34 billion, which is IBM's biggest purchase so far and also is the largest software acquisition in history. On April 6, 2020, he will additionally become CEO of IBM.
Early life and education
Arvind Krishna is an Indian, who was born in West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India. His father, Major General Vijay Krishna, was an army officer who worked for the Indian Army of the Government of India and his mother, Aarti Krishna, worked for the welfare of Army widows. 
Arvind completed schooling in St Joseph's Academy, Dehradun and the Stanes School, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu, before receiving a bachelor's in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur in 1985. Arvind subsequently traveled to the U.S. to study for a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign in 1990.
He was appointed to become IBM CEO on January 31, 2020, succeeding Ginni Rometty who had served as CEO since 2012. He joined Satya Nadella, Sundar Pichai and Shantanu Narayen as a CEO of a major technology company who belongs to the Indian diaspora.
- "Arvind Krishna ascends beyond cloud at IBM". Economic Times. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- "Meet Arvind Krishna, new IBM CEO who is the latest Indian to head a global IT company". India Today. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- "What you need to know about new IBM CEO Arvind Krishna". Fortune. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- "IBM names Indian-origin Arvind Krishna as CEO". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Industry leaders, peers raise a toast to good news". Economic Times. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- "Indian-origin technologist Arvind Krishna to lead IBM, joins club of global Indian CEOs". Times of India. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- Lohr, Steve (30 January 2020). "Ginni Rometty to Step Down as C.E.O. of IBM". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Arvind Krishna: IBMer who joins elite Indian-origin CEOs' club". outlookindia.com. 31 January 2020. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "IITian Arvind Krishna appointed CEO of global tech giant IBM; 5 little known facts about him". Business Today. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Novet, Jordan (30 January 2020). "IBM CEO Ginni Rometty is stepping down, Arvind Krishna to take over". CNBC. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
Krishna worked on the Red Hat acquisition.
- Chin, Kimberly (30 January 2020). "Ginni Rometty Stepping Down as IBM CEO". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Carville, Olivia (30 January 2020). "IBM Names Arvind Krishna CEO, Replacing Ginni Rometty". Bloomberg. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
| List of IBM CEOs
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|