|Vice-chairman, NITI Aayog|
January 2015 – 31 August 2017
|Preceded by||Position established|
|Succeeded by||Rajiv Kumar|
|Born||30 September 1952|
|Alma mater||Rajasthan University|
Arvind Panagariya (born 30 September 1952) is an Indian-American economist and a professor of economics at Columbia University, who served as first vice-chairman of the government of India think-tank NITI Aayog between January 2015 and August 2017.
He was previously Chief Economist at the Asian Development Bank. In the past, he has been a professor of economics at the University of Maryland at College Park. He has also worked for the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, World Trade Organization, and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). He holds a Ph.D in economics from Princeton University.
As of 2018, Panagariya has written more than 15 books, including India: The Emerging Giant, published in March 2008. Papers written by him for the World Bank and IMF usually promote the idea of privatizing all the state owned enterprises of India. It was described as the ‘definitive book on the Indian economy’ by Fareed Zakaria. He has appeared on Bloomberg TV India for the show "Transforming India With Arvind Panagriya" On 5 Jan 2015, he was appointed Vice-Chairman of the National Institution for Transforming India Aayog, the replacement for the Planning Commission. Panagariya is also heading analysing the data of the Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011. He gave his resignation as Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman stating that Columbia University has not extended his leave beyond 31 August 2017. 
- "Arvind Panagariya to submit final report on employment data by August 31". Moneycontrol.com. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- Panagariya, Arvind (30 December 2014). "Arvind Panagariya: The revival of optimism". Business Standard. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Arvind Panagariya: Narendra Modi's real report card
- 5 things you should know about Arvind Panagariya
- Columbia School of International and Public Affairs, https://sipa.columbia.edu/faculty-research/faculty-directory/arvind-panagariya
- Panagariya, Arvind. "IMF Workign paper - India in the 1980s and 90s and the results of liberalisation" (PDF). www.imf.org. IMF. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Transforming India With Arvind Panagriya
- "Govt sets up expert group to collate caste census data".
- "Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya resigns; says will return to academia".