October 24, 1963
Arvind Raghunathan (born October 24, 1963) is a Hedge Fund Manager. He is the founder and CEO of Roc Capital Management LP (the largest Hedge Fund launch of 2009). On February 25, 2009, it was announced that Raghunathan and his associates would be leaving Deutsche Bank to set up the independent quant trading hedge fund. It was rumored in late July 2013 that the main fund of Roc Capital Management would be liquidated after losses. 
Born and raised in India, Raghunathan attended the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT Madras), as a National Science Talent Search scholar. After receiving his engineering degree in 1984, he moved to the United States and obtained a Ph.D. in Computer Science at the University of California, Berkeley in 1988. For the next three years, Raghunathan was Assistant Professor at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences of New York University and the University of California, Davis, where he accomplished fundamental research on computing. During this time, Raghunathan also was a consultant for a number of corporations, including IBM, Hewlett Packard, and Xerox. He was elected as a Fellow of the Institute for Combinatorics in 1991. Raghunathan was one of four honorees for the 2007 Spirit of Asian American Gala , which served to recognize each individual's direct, substantive contribution to society. This event was hosted on May 8, 2007 by the Asian American Federation of New York, a nonprofit leadership organization.
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Asian American Federation of New York. "Arvind Raghunathan". Accessed April 20, 2007.
- Asian American Federation of New York Website 
- 2007 Spirit of Asian American Gala  . Accessed April 20, 2007.
- Bloomberg news Feb 25, 2009: Deutsche Bank’s Quantitative Team to Leave "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-01-23. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Roc Capital Said to Shutter Main Hedge Fund After Losses 
- "Award for Indian American banker". The Hindu. 30 March 2007. Retrieved 23 November 2010.