Arya (2004 film)
|Produced by||Dil Raju|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Distributed by||Sri Venkateswara Creations|
|Budget||₹4 crore (US$590,000)|
|Box office||₹18 crore (US$2.6 million)(Share)|
Arya is a Telugu film which released on 7 May 2004 and was directed by debutant Sukumar. This film has Allu Arjun in the main lead. Upon release, the film was declared a Blockbuster. The film was dubbed in Malayalam in the same name (Arya). It was remade into Oriya as Pagala Premi with actor Sabyasachi Mishra and Arpita Pal, in Tamil as Kutty and Bengali (Bangladesh) as Badha. The movie was dubbed in Hindi as Arya Ki Prem Pratigya. The film was also an inspiration for the 2009 Bollywood film, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani. The film was followed by the sequel Arya 2 in 2009. However, it is not related to its prequel. Director Sukumar won best director filmfare 2004.
- Allu Arjun ... Arya
- Anuradha Mehta ... Geeta alias Geetanjali
- Siva Balaji ... Ajay
- Rajan P. Dev ... M.P. Avataram
- Subbaraju ... Subbu
- Sunil ... T.C.
- Venu Madhav as Ajay's friend
- Devi Charan
- Vidya Rao as Geeta's friend
- Babloo ... Arya’s friend
- J. V. Ramana Murthi .... Priest
- Sudha .... Geeta's mother
- Sandra .... Geeta's friend
- Jogi Naidu
- Krishnam Raju
- Abhinayasri in item number
- Director: Sukumar
- Screenplay: Sukumar
- Story: Sukumar
- Dialogue: Sukumar
- Producer: Dil Raju
- Music: Devi Sri Prasad
- Editor: Marthand K. Venkatesh
- Choreography: Raju Sundaram, Nixon, Shankar, Ashok Raj, & Harish Pai
- Lyrics: Viswa, Veturi Sundararama Murthy, Chandrabose, & Sirivennela
Arya received highly positive reviews from critics. idlebrain.com gave a review stating "You feel like you are watching a Mani Rathnam film. There is a soul in the film and you end up having a thin layer of tears in your eyes while leaving the theater. This film announces the arrival of Sukumar - director - a class apart. 'Arya' is a must watch film for all Telugu film lovers. Don't miss it" and rated the film 4/5 calling the film "A class apart". IndiaGlitz gave a review stating "To start with, the hype machine was at work incessantly before the release of the movie. And after watching the film you also feel that here is a movie that is every inch worth its pre-release hype. Not only Arya is expected to lead the pack in the long summer of seemingly never-ending releases but also give the hero of the film, Allu Arjun, a new identity. Arya is an unabashed package showcasing Allu Arjun and his dancing and fighting abilities. The thing it looks like it will work at the box-office", further calling the film "A cocktail of fun and more fun". fullhyderabad.com gave a review stating "Arya is not at all what you expect it to be. It is a special package that consists of fun, entertainment, laughs, frolic, merriment, high times, bashes and more. It has them all. Romance, eternal love, mush, flowers, embraces, sacrifices, sunsets. It has them ALL. Action, fights, stunts, feats, tricks, battles, blood, bullies, henchmen, chases. Did we mention that this has it all? Emotions, sentiments, passion, craze and feelings. See one. See all" and rated the film 7/10.
|Soundtrack album to Arya by Devi Sri Prasad|
|Released||16 April 2004|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
The audio was released at a function arranged in song set erected at Nanakrama Guda on the evening of 16 April 2004. Swati (of colors fame) and Devi Sri Prasad anchored this event. Aditya Music produced the audio of this film. K Raghavendra Rao released the audio and gave the first cassette to Pawan Kalyan and Prabhas. The song "Aa Ante Amalapuram" became famous in Andhra Pradesh and certain parts of Maharashtra, which created Allu Arjun's identity there. The Soundtrack was an Unusual Hit.
|1.||"You Rock My World"||Viswa||Shaan, Premji Amaren||5:00|
|3.||"O My Brotheru"||Sirivennela||Ravi Verma||5:04|
|5.||"Feel My Love"||Chandrabose||KK, Clinton Cerejo||4:55|
|6.||"Aa Ante Amalapuram"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||Malathi, Ranjith||5:04|
Arya collected ₹25 crore (US$3.7 million) in its full run delivering a distributors Share of ₹18 crore (US$2.6 million). Arya collected ₹3.85 crore (US$570,000)(Share) in Nizam Area. Hence turned out to be a blockbuster.
- The film had a 50-day run in 89 centres. The film had a 100-day run in 56 centres. It collected ₹18 crore (US$2.6 million). The film had a 420-day run in 8 centres.It collected ₹18 crore (US$2.6 million)(Share) delivering a final gross figure of ₹25 crore (US$3.7 million).
- The film's dubbed version in Malayalam did a business of nearly ₹ 3-3.5 million from Kerala.
- "Movie review - Arya". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 7 May 2004.
- "Arya - A cocktail of fun and more fun". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 10 May 2004.
- "Arya Review". fullhyderabad.com. Retrieved 7 May 2004.
- Cycle Stand - Telugu cinema - Arya 50 days centers - 89 - Allu Arjun
- Bunny-Hot in Kerala! - Sify.com