A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, United States|
Shawn Farshchi (CEO)
Aryaka is a SD-WAN company that provides software-defined network connectivity and application delivery to globally distributed enterprises. Aryaka is headquartered in Milpitas, California with additional offices located in Plano, Texas, Bengaluru, India, Beijing, China, and Singapore.
Aryaka was founded in 2009 by Ajit Gupta, Rajeev Bharadhwaj and Ashwath Nagaraj. Gupta previously founded Speedera Networks, a content delivery network (CDN) acquired by Akamai Technologies in 2005 for stock valued at $500 million. Bharadhwaj was previously at cloud service provider Ejasent Inc, acquired by Veritas in 2004 for $59 million. Nagaraj was previously at Allegro Systems (acquired by Cisco Systems in 2001 for $185 million) and founder of Assured Access Technologies (acquired by Alcatel in 1999 for $350 million).
Aryaka announced its service in September 2010.
Aryaka received $45 million in Series D funding in a round led by from Third Point Ventures, adding new investor Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners (DTCP), and with participation from existing investors. In March 2016, it received $16 million in Series C funding from existing investors, Nexus Venture Partners. It previously received $10 million in Series C funding from Trinity Ventures, $25 million in series C funding led by Interwest Partners, $15 million in series B funding and $14 million in series A funding from Trinity Ventures, Mohr Davidow Ventures, and Nexus Venture Partners. Aryaka's foundational multi-segment WAN optimization patent was granted as a US patent in July 2013.
‘Top 50 Highest-Rated Private Cloud Computing Companies To Work For’, Battery Ventures and Glassdoor: 2016 
SDN Excellence Award, TMC: 2016
Finalist, Best of Interop Awards, Software-Defined Networking category: 2016
Gartner Magic Quadrant 2016 for WAN Optimization
Gold Winner, 11th Annual 2016 IT World Awards® for Networking, Network Products Guide: 2016
Frost & Sullivan’s Global Network Optimization Solutions Customer Value Leadership Award: 2015
SDN Excellence Award, TMC: 2015
- "How Ajit Gupta's Aryaka is Disrupting the Wide Area Network Business". Forbes. November 19, 2012.
- "SEC Form D filing". SEC. May 21, 2009.
- "Akamai to Buy Speedera". The New York Times. March 17, 2005.
- "Veritas Capital acquires Ejasent for $59 million" Dealipedia.
- "Cisco Systems to Acquire Allegro Systems: Accelerating the Performance of VPN and Security Solutions". Cisco Newsroom. July 27, 2001.
- "Alcatel Buys Assured". Computerworld. March 5, 1999.
- "Scrambling to Grow Fast Enough When Customers are Everywhere". The Wall Street Journal. July 17, 2012.
- "Aryaka: Stop Sending the Same File Twice". The New York Times. September 21, 2010.
- Application acceleration as a service system and method. Patents.com.
- "Aryaka Recognized Among the 50 Highest-Rated Private Companies To Work For".
- "Aryaka Awarded SDN Excellence Award for Second Year in a Row". Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Aryaka Networks Selected as Finalist for 2016 Best of Interop Award". Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Gartner and Aryaka Vision beyond WAN Optimization". Aryaka. 2016-07-20. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Aryaka Wins Gold With Global SD-WAN at the 11th Annual 2016 IT World Awards® for Networking".
- "Aryaka Recognized With Frost & Sullivan 2015 Global Network Optimization Solutions Customer Value Leadership Award". Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Aryaka Receives 2015 SDN Excellence Award". Retrieved 2017-01-09.