Jump to navigation Jump to search
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||film maker, novelist, poet, fine artist|
|Awards||Golden Calf (Dutch Film Festival)|
- 1992: Kyodai Makes the Big Time (91min, Netherlands), drama feature film. The film won the Golden Calf for Best Feature Film award.
- 1994 Ten Monologues from the Lives of the Serial Killers (60min, Netherlands) based on the writings of J.G. Ballard, Henry Rollins and Roberta Lannes; plus actual monologues by Charles Manson, Edmund Emil Kemper and Kenneth Bianchi.
- 1999 Shabondama Elegy (aka Tokyo Elegy) (With writings by Jack Henry Abbott (Belly of the Beast) and Tricia Warden, (Attack God Inside). Winner of The Golden Calf Special Jury Prize at the Grand Prix of Dutch cinema.
- 2002 Western 4.33 (32min, 35mm, Namibia-Netherlands) about the genocide of the Herero people by the German colonisers (Best Video Made in Africa at 12th Milan Festival of African Cinema) (Best Documentary at 1st Africa and The Islands International Film Festival, Réunion) Official Selection Berlinale Forum
- 2003 Sharp Sharp! - the kwaito story (25min, DVCam, South Africa-Netherlands) featuring Zola, TKZee, Oskido, Mzambiya, Don Laka and Mandoza
- 2005 Giant Steps (co-directed with Geoff Mphakati) (52min, DVCam, South Africa) a documentary portrait of revolutionary poets Lefifi Tladi, Lesego Rampolokeng, Kgafela oa Magogodi, Afurakan, Mac Manaka with music by Johnny Mbizo Dyani and Zim Ngqawana
- 2007 Unyazi of the Bushveld (45min, DVCam, South Africa) a documentary about the first symposium of electronic music ever held in Africa featuring Warrick Sony (Kalahari Surfers), Pauline Oliveros, Zim Ngqawana, George Lewis, Matthew Ostrowski, Lukas Ligeti, Francisco Lopez
- 2007 SMS Sugar Man (87min, South Africa) the first full-length feature film shot entirely on cell phone cameras, starring Luthuli Dlamini, John Matshikiza, Leigh Graves, Deja Bernhardt and Ryan Fortune.
- 2009 Civilization and Other Chimeras Observed During the Making of an Exceptionally Artistic Feature Film (80min, Netherlands) documentary on the making of Winterland, the first feature film by fine artist Dick Tuinder.
- Hectic! (Pine Slopes Publications, 2002)
- Uselessly (Jacana, 2006)
- 12shooters (Pine Slopes Publications, 2007)
- Drive Through Funeral (Pine Slopes Publications, 2003)
- The Freedom Fighter (Illuseum Press, 2004)
- Jou Ma Se Poems (Pine Slopes Publications, 2005)
- The Ballad Of Sugar Moon and Coffin Deadly (Pine Slopes Publications, 2007)
|This article about a South African poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South African film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|