Aryana (TV series)
|Written by||Noreen Capili
|Directed by||Erick C. Salud
Lino S. Cayetano
Darnel Joy R. Villaflor
|Opening theme||Nasaan Ka Man
by Amy Nobleza
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||189|
|Executive producer(s)||Rosselle Beegee-Soldao|
|Running time||30–45 minutes
Monday to Friday at 17:45 (PST)
|Production company(s)||Dreamscape Entertainment TV|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||May 7, 2012– January 25, 2013|
Aryana is a 2012 Philippine fantasy drama that aired on ABS-CBN. From May 7, 2012 to January 25, 2013, the series is composed of three seasons and 189 episodes in total. It starred teen star Ella Cruz in her first leading role, replacing Lumayo Ka Man Sa Akin. It was later replaced by Kahit Konting Pagtingin. 
Aryana narrates the journey of a girl as she struggles in the awkward but exciting adolescent stage while trying to escape her inevitable destiny as a mermaid on her fourteenth birthday.
Two mothers from entirely different worlds: Ofelia is a human, who struggles for the acceptance of her mother-in-law, hopes that with the birth of her daughter she will gain the happiness and acceptance of her husband's family. Neptuna, an adult mermaid with a bright orange-and-gold scaly fish tail and matching bra whose pure and strong motherly love for her daughter, Perlita, knows no bounds and will do anything to make sure she is safe and happy. While Perlita has a dream of living happily with humans often goes near the seashore to watch the humans and even once stole the mystical pearl that can transform a mermaid into a human and back at will. Unfortunately, when she went near the seashore to watch the humans who are now watching and playing the firecrackers, a drunken villager played with a dynamite and Victor, Ofelia's good husband confronts him and unknowingly throws the dynamite into the part where Perlita was hiding. Neptuna, who was about to warn her daughter, saw the death of her dearly beloved daughter and angrily promises to do everything she can to make Victor and Ofelia feel the intense pain and sorrow of losing their own beloved daughter. Ofelia and Victor's child, whom she named Aryana, is then born. As Ofelia was hoping for, she gained the acceptance of her mother-in-law.
During Aryana's baptismal celebration, Neptuna (as a human woman) steals newborn Ayrana and makes her her own daughter for a while until she discovered that she cannot make Aryana a complete mermaid unless her mother gives her to her willingly, and so Neptuna gave Aryana back to Ofelia with the agreement that on Aryana's fourteenth birthday she must give her back to her. Ofelia, with no intention of giving her daughter back runs away from their seaside village and goes to the urban city to forget about the mermaid curse on her daughter as Neptuna thought she would. Everyday, Ofelia gets a reminder that her daughter is and will belong to the sea when she turns fourteen. Aryana, who does not know that she is forever cursed to actually become a full-fledged mermaid on her fourteenth birthday. As she faces her destiny and fate of being a mermaid, Aryana is torn between choosing the sea where she belongs and the surface world of humans where her heart belongs.
- Ella Cruz as Aryana Mendez - the biological daughter of Ofelia and Victor Mendez, and Megan's half sister.
- Francis Magundayao as Adrian "Ian" Alejandro - Aryana's last love interest and Megan's friend.
- Paul Salas as Marlon Salvador - Aryana's bestfriend since they were children.
- Dominic Roque as Hubert Francisco - Aryana's first love interest.
- Michelle Vito as Megan Mendez - the evil half sister of Aryana, and the daughter of Stella.
- Pokwang as Ofelia Capuyao-Mendez - Aryana's biological mother.
- Tonton Gutierrez as Victor Mendez - Aryana and Megan's father, and Ofelia's ex - husband.
- Desiree del Valle as Neptuna - One of the mermaids that warned Ofelia that Aryana transforms into a mermaid on her 14th birthday.
- G. Toengi as Stella Cervantes - Victor's second wife and Megan's mother.
- Bianca Manalo as Carlina Suarez - Aryana's swimming coach in their school.
- Laurice Guillen as Elnora Mendez - Victor's mother and Aryana and Megan's grandmother.
- Tetchie Agbayani as Reyna Yasmin - Neptuna's mother and the queen of the mermaids.
- Maliksi Morales/Carlo Lacana/Neil Coleta as Andoy Capuyao - Ofelia's brother and Aryana's uncle.
- Rustica Carpio as Antonia Capuyao - Ofelia's mother.
- Lotlot de Leon as Rosita Salvador - Melvin, Marlon and Miko's mother.
- Louise Abuel as Miko Salvador - Melvin and Marlon's younger brother.
- Quintin Alianza/Yong An Chiu/David Chua as Melvin Salvador - Marlon and Miko's brother.
- Eunice Lagusad as Elizabeth "Bebet" Teves - Aryana's bestfriend at school.
- Mel Kimura as Sylvia "Ibiang" Francisco - Hubert's mother.
- Celine Lim as Trisha Reyes - Megan's friend.
- Noemi Oineza as Chelsea Montes - Megan's friend.
- Vanjo Cuenca as Aries Ocampo - Hubert's friend.
- Lander Vera Perez as Rick Alejandro - Ian's father.
- Richard Quan as Jason Cervantes - Stella's ex-husband.
- Michael Conan as Allan - the driver of the Mendez family.
- Jane Oineza as Perlita†
- Edgar Sandalo as Badong
- Kurt Del Rosario as Ruben
- Arianne Marie Casas as Leonora
- Pia Wurtzbach as Dikya/Jelay (dubbed by Chokoleit)
In an interview on August 13, 2012, Ella Cruz announced the extension of the hit series until January 2013 due to its success on its timeslot. It was part of the 2012 primetime block which includes Princess and I, Walang Hanggan, Ina Kapatid Anak and Kahit Puso'y Masugatan. It airs at 5:45pm right before its nightly news program TV Patrol, and internationally on TFC.
- List of programs broadcast by ABS-CBN
- List of shows previously aired by ABS-CBN
- List of dramas of ABS-CBN
- Youtube-Aryana Official Trailer
- Barbie Forteza's character joins the world of mermaids in Aryana retrieved via www.pep.ph 04-26-2012
- Aryana makes a big splash on Primetime TV retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 04-30-2012
- Barbie Forteza is excited to play a mermaid in the new fantaserye Aryana retrieved via www.push.com.ph 04-26-2012
- Michelle Vito is excited about her Kapamilya debut in Primetime Bida’s Aryana retrieved via www.push.com.ph 05-03-2012
- Aryana makes a big splash on Primetime Bida tonight retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 05-07-2012