|Member of People's Representative Council|
|Assumed office |
1 October 2014
Aryo Puspito Setyaki Djojohadikusumo
25 April 1983
Early life and family
Aryo Puspito Setyaki Djojohadikusumo was born in Jakarta on 25 April 1983, the first child of Hashim Djojohadikusumo. He studied business at the University of Durham, and had before taken a semester studying archaeology. In total, he spent 12 years studying in the United Kingdom.
He married Sachi Sophia in August 2018.
After graduating from university, Aryo founded a company in 2007 with some friends, and became its CEO. The company operated in various fields, but by 2008 Aryo and his friends joined his father's company which was expanding in Indonesia. He became a commissioner at Hashim's Arsari Group.
Outside of business, Aryo also joined the newly-established Gerindra, which was founded in 2008 by his father and his uncle Prabowo Subianto, becoming the chairman of its youth wing - though not formally so until 2011. In 2012, he was also appointed as one of the party's deputy secretary generals.
Aryo ran in the 2014 Indonesian legislative election from Jakarta's 3rd electoral district. He won 53,268 votes and secured a seat at the People's Representative Council. He became a member of the body's seventh commission on Energy, Research and Technology, and the Environment.
During Joko Widodo's presidency, he criticized the appointment of Badrodin Haiti as police chief in 2015, saying that it damaged the fight against corruption. In 2016, he also criticized the Provincial Government of Jakarta under Basuki Tjahaja Purnama for removing property tax, noting that the removal of the revenue source would jeopardize funding for other projects and commenting that the move was made for political reasons.
Aryo also became part of a special committee assessing the creation of an alcohol ban.
- Banirestu, Hening (28 February 2014). "Generasi Ketiga Sumitro Djojohadikusumo di Panggung Bisnis". SWA (in Indonesian). Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Aryo Djojohadikusumo: Living up to the family's legacy". The Jakarta Post. Wadah Foundation. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Diam-diam, Aryo Djojohadikusumo Ponakan Prabowo Subianto Nikah, Siapa Sih Sebenarnya Istrinya?". Tribun Timur (in Indonesian). 6 August 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Hashim's new horizons". Jakarta Globe. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "SUSUNAN PENGURUS PARTAI GERAKAN INDONESIA RAYA" (PDF) (in Indonesian). Gerindra. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- Widyatmoko, Titis (25 April 2013). "DKI 3: Pasar artis, Farhat Abbas, dan keponakan Prabowo". Merdeka (in Indonesian). Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- Hanggoro, Marcheilla Ariesta Putri (1 October 2014). "Ini nama-nama 73 anggota DPR dari Gerindra yang dilantik". Merdeka (in Indonesian). Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- Tambak, Ruslan (25 February 2016). "Aryo Djojohadikusumo Lebih Condong Blok Masela Dibangun Di Darat". rmol.co (in Indonesian). Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- Hawley, Samantha (20 October 2015). "Indonesians disappointed one year after Joko Widodo's inauguration". ABC. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- Nailufar, Nibras Nada (25 March 2016). "Aryo Djojohadikusumo Kritik Kebijakan Jakarta Bebas PBB". KOMPAS (in Indonesian). Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- Ihsanuddin (22 January 2016). "Pemuka Agama Minta Minuman Beralkohol Tak Dilarang, tetapi Dikendalikan". KOMPAS (in Indonesian). Retrieved 9 December 2018.