|Head chef||Juan Mari Arzak|
|Street address||Avda. Alcalde Elósegui, 273|
|County||Basque Country (autonomous community)|
Arzak is a restaurant in San Sebastián, Spain. It features New Basque Cuisine. In 2008, Arzak's owner and chef, Juan Mari Arzak, was awarded the Universal Basque award for "adapting gastronomy, one of the most important traditions of the Basque Country, to the new times and making of it one of the most innovative of the world".
Built as a house in 1897 by the current owner's grandparents (José Maria Arzak Etxabe and Escolastica Lete), they turned it into a wine inn and tavern. At the time, the village of Alza was separate from San Sebastián. When the next generation took over (Juan Ramon Arzak and Francisca Arratibel), it was turned into a restaurant. Kitchen duties are now shared between Juan Mari Arzak and his daughter Elena Arzak.
Awards and honors
- 1989–present, Michelin Guide Three Stars
- 2003–present, Restaurant (magazine) S.Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants
- 2013, 8th best restaurant in the world, S. Pellegrino
- Ruta del Vino de Rioja Alavesa. (2009, Winter) En los fogones con... Juan Mari Arzak. Rioja Alavesa Magazine, 0(2), 16-23.
- about Arzak Archived February 3, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "MICHELIN guide Spain & Portugal 2011". Michelin. 2010-11-26. Retrieved 2011. Check date values in:
- "S. Pellegrino 2013 award winners". Theworlds50best.com. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
|This Spain-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|