|English: Peace to the Prince|
National anthem of Qatar
|Lyrics||Sheikh Mubarak bin Saif al-Thani|
|Music||Abdulaziz Nasser Al Obaidan|
|Adopted||December 7, 1996|
as-Salām al-Amīrī (instrumental)
As-Salam Al-Amiri (Arabic: السلام الأميري, as-Salām al-Amīrī, meaning "Peace to the Prince") is the national anthem of the state of Qatar. It was written by Sheikh Mubarak bin Saif al Thani and the tune is the work of Abdulaziz bin Nasser Al Obaidan Fakhro.
The anthem of Kuwait was also called as-Salam al-Amiri from 1951–1978.
History and use
The anthem was adopted on December 7, 1996  upon the accession of Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani to the throne. It was first used at a Gulf Cooperation Council meeting held in Qatar in December of that year.
|Arabic lyrics||Transliteration||IPA transcription||English translation|
- Qatari National Anthem : Al-Salam Al-Amiri Lyrics, Video, Mp3 Download
- "Group of 77 and China Second South Summit: Information manual" (PDF). g77.org. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- The CIA World Factbook 2012. Central Intelligence Agency. 2012. ISBN 9781616083328.
- "Poet's donation shines spotlight on origins of Qatar's national anthem". Doha News. 28 November 2015. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "English Translation of National Anthem of Qatar". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qatar. Archived from the original on 2006-12-06.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs - The Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs' page on the National Anthem.
- Qatar: As Salam al Amiri - Audio of the national anthem of Qatar, with information and lyrics
- 15th Asian Games - Qatar National Anthem played at the 15th Asian Games Closing Ceremonies. Hosted by YouTube.
|This Qatar-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|