As Any Fool Can See
|"As Any Fool Can See"|
|Single by Tracy Lawrence|
|from the album I See It Now|
|Released||December 13, 1994|
|Format||CD Single, 7" single|
|Length||3:03 (album version)|
|Producer(s)||Tracy Lawrence, Flip Anderson|
|Tracy Lawrence singles chronology|
"As Any Fool Can See" is a song written by Paul Nelson and Kenny Beard, and recorded by American country music artist Tracy Lawrence. It was released in December 1994 as the second single from his album, I See It Now. The song peaked at number 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and at number 18 on Canada's RPM country chart.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine, reviewed the song favorably, saying that while Lawrence has "employed the fiddle hook at least once before" and the "melody does sound awfully familiar", the formula works due to his "usual wide-eyed and soulful vocal approach." 
The music video is a continuation of a Quantum Leap theme from many music videos Lawrence released in the mid-1990s. This particular video begins with the ending of the previous video for "I See It Now." Lawrence is "leaped" onto a ship that is being robbed by pirates. This scene alternates with Lawrence performing "As Any Fool Can See" in a rough Seaman's bar. Back on the ship, he emerges from below deck dressed as a pirate. After fighting through the other pirates, he rescues a woman that the pirates are trying to make walk the plank. As Lawrence jumps into the water, he is "leaped" to the next video, "Texas Tornado."
"As Any Fool Can See" debuted at number 59 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of December 31, 1994.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||13|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||29|
- I See It Now (CD). Tracy Lawrence. Atlantic Records. 1994. 82656.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, January 7, 1995
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 9086." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 27, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Tracy Lawrence – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tracy Lawrence.
- "Best of 1995: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|