Jackson with the Baltimore Ravens in 2012
December 2, 1989 |
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||183 lb (83 kg)|
|High school:||Sacramento (CA) Christian Brothers|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 5 / Pick: 169|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Asa Rashaan Webster Jackson (born December 2, 1989) is an American football cornerback for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fifth round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football for California Polytechnic State University.
Jackson was a four-year starter at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, more commonly referred to as Cal Poly. He finished his college career with 137 solo tackles, 199 total tackles, 8 interceptions for 307 yards (ranks first in school history) and 3 touchdowns (ties school record with David Fullerton), 40 pass deflections, 3 forced fumbles, and a single sack for -6 yards. He played in 43 games, and started in 42 of them.
Jackson was selected in the fifth round of the 2012 NFL Draft with the 169th overall pick. He is probably most known for returning a punt for a touchdown against the Atlanta Falcons during a preseason NFL game, and then started doing the famous Gangnam Style dance. Although, the play was nullified by a holding penalty. Jackson was placed on injured reserve on December 16, 2014. Jackson was cut by the Baltimore Ravens on September 5, 2015.
Jackson was suspended for four games without pay for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances on December 11, 2012, for using Adderall, a prescription drug, to treat his attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. On August 2, 2013, he again violated the PED policy and was suspended without pay for an additional eight games of the 2013 season. Jackson has now completed the required paperwork and has been authorized to take Adderall.
New York Giants
Baltimore Ravens (second stint)
On September 10, 2015, Jackson was signed to the Ravens' practice squad.
On October 13, 2015, Jackson was re-signed to the active roster. He was waived/injured on November 17 due to an ankle injury. The next day, he was placed on the team's injured reserve and another day later, on November 19, 2015, he was waived from injured reserve.
On November 30, 2015, Jackson was signed to the Bengals' practice squad.
Baltimore Ravens (third stint)
On October 17, 2016, Jackson was signed to the Ravens' practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on November 15, 2016. He was released by the Ravens on November 26, 2016 and was re-signed to the practice squad.
San Francisco 49ers
On August 8, 2017, Jackson was signed by the San Francisco 49ers. He was waived on September 2, 2017 and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on September 16, 2017. He was placed on injured reserve on October 10, 2017.
- Downing, Garrett (September 5, 2015). "Ravens Trim 2015 Roster To 53 Players". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved September 13, 2015.
- "Giants awarded DT Louis Nix & CB Asa Jackson off waivers". Giants.com. Dan Salomone. September 6, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (September 8, 2015). "Giants waive CB Asa Jackson and DT Louis Nix III". Giants.com. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- Mink, Ryan (September 10, 2015). "Ravens Re-Sign CB Asa Jackson To Practice Squad". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved September 13, 2015.
- Twitter, Baltimore Ravens (October 13, 2015). "Ravens Sign CB Asa Jackson To Active Roster". Twitter.com via Baltimore Ravens.com. Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- Downing, Garrett (November 17, 2015). "Ravens Waive Asa Jackson, Jeremy Ross". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved November 27, 2015.
- "Bengals waive Sean Porter; Asa Jackson replaces Dan France on practice squad". Cincy Jungle. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "NFL roster moves: Arizona Cardinals add former Ravens CB Asa Jackson". Revenge of the Birds. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- Urban, Darren. "First Cardinals Cuts to 77 Produce Long Snapper". AZCardinals.com.
- "Ravens Sign CB Asa Jackson To Practice Squad".
- Mink, Ryan (November 15, 2016). "Ravens Promote DB Asa Jackson, Place DT Willie Henry on Injured Reserve". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Mink, Ryan (November 26, 2016). "Ravens Activate Tight End Nick Boyle to 53-Man Roster". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- "Lions sign RB Joique Bell and CB Asa Jackson". DetroitLions.com. December 4, 2016.
- "Lions sign OL Garrett Reynolds and promote CB Adairius Barnes to active roster". DetroitLions.com. January 3, 2017.
- "49ers Sign CB Asa Jackson, Waive/Injured CB Zach Franklin". 49ers.com. August 8, 2017.
- "49ers Cut Roster Down to 53 Players". 49ers.com. September 2, 2017.
- "49es Claim DL Xavier Cooper off Waivers, Sign 8 Players to Practice Squad". 49ers.com. September 3, 2017.
- "49ers Promote CB Jackson to Active Roster, Waive CB Reaser". 49ers.com. September 16, 2017.
- "49ers Sign CB Leon Hall, Place CB Asa Jackson on IR". 49ers.com. October 10, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Asa Jackson.|