|Owner(s)||Asana Andiappan Yoga & Natural Living Development Trust|
|Circulation||7,000 Distribution to Colleges, Yoga Studio and Community|
Asana is the Sanskrit word for posture or seat. It is one of the eight limbs of Yoga.
History and development
The monthly Asana International Yoga Journal was started in 1999 by Asana Andiappan.
Andiappan founded the only Yoga college and research centre recognised by Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy, Government of India and Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu and two universities in India: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University and Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University.
The magazine is published by Asana Publication which is managed by Asana Andiappan Yoga & Natural Living Development Trust. Dr Andiappan's objective is to create an international journal that provides the Yoga community with "references of therapeutic experience in Yogasana, and Naturopathy".
As yoga's popularity grew, particularly in Asia, the demand for an international journal with the Indian Yoga heritage arose. The magazine has been published in English since January 2003.
Asana focuses on the following key features:
- Yoga Tradition and History – Background about the history and foundation of the 5,000-year-old Yoga tradition
- Yoga Practice – Concepts, preparation, techniques, modifications and variations, benefits and contraindications
- Yoga Teaching – Teaching experience
- Yoga Philosophy – Philosophical ideas that unite the mind, body and spirit
- Life Style and Wellbeing – Life style beyond the physical practice
- Yoga Community – Events and activities connecting the community
- Yoga Calendar – Yoga news
Asana participates in several major Yoga events in the Region:
- 25–26 February 2012: Korea Yoga Festival
- 28 March-1 April 2012: BaliSpirit Festival 2012
- 10 April 2011: Hong Kong Yogathon 2011
Asana Publication also publishes Yoga manuals, Yoga books and CDs.
- "Dr Asana Andiappan to Receive the Maharishi Patanjali Award - 2005". IndiaDivine. Retrieved 4 May 2005.
- "Central Council for Research in yoga and Naturopathy".
- "Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu".
- "Manonmaniam Sundaranar University Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education Courses". Archived from the original on 26 July 2011.
- "Bachelors in Yoga and Naturopathy". Archived from the original on 7 September 2011.
- "Masters in Yoga and Naturopathy". Archived from the original on 7 September 2011.
- "Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University Distance Education Courses". Archived from the original on 28 July 2011.
- "Certification course in Yoga and Naturopathy". Archived from the original on 15 May 2011.
- "Diploma in Yoga and Naturopathy". Archived from the original on 7 September 2011.
- "Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga and Naturopathy". Archived from the original on 7 September 2011.
- "PublishLike.com is owned and operated by Quazarteam LLC".
- "Yoga Festa".[permanent dead link]
- "BaliSpirit Festival".
- "Indian Yoga Federation".
- "1st Tamil Nadu State Level Yogasana Championship". livejournal.com. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Hong Kong Yogathon 2011". Archived from the original on 21 August 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.