- Asaph, the father of Joah (2 Kings 18:18–37)
- Asaph, son of Berachiah the Gershonite (2 Chronicles 20:14)
Together with Heman, the grandson of the Israelite prophet Samuel (1 Chronicles 6:24, or 1 Chronicles 6:39 in non-Hebrew translations), he and his male descendants were set aside by King David to worship God in song and music (1 Chronicles 15:16–17). He authored Psalm 50, and Psalms 73 to 83.
- Asaph, a Levite descendant of Kohath (1 Chronicles 26:1)
- Asaph, the keeper of the king's forest under the Persian king Artaxerxes I Longimanus (Nehemiah 2:8)
- A concise English-Hebrew Dictionary by H. Danby and M. H. Segal, Dvir Publishing, Tel Aviv, 1962