A. adonis has vivid green forewings with dark coloured broad wavy lines edged with white which form a distinctive pattern. The hind wings are a pale orange shaded brown. This species can be distinguished from its close relative Asaphodes beata by the colour of its hind wings.
Distribution and habitat
- "NZOR Name Details - Asaphodes adonis (Hudson, 1898)". www.nzor.org.nz. Landcare Research New Zealand Ltd. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- Dugdale, J. S. (1988). "Lepidoptera - annotated catalogue, and keys to family-group taxa" (PDF). Fauna of New Zealand. 14: 171. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- Gordon, Dennis P., ed. (2010). New Zealand inventory of biodiversity. Volume two. Kingdom animalia : chaetognatha, ecdysozoa, ichnofossils. Vol. 2. Christchurch, N.Z.: Canterbury University Press. p. 458. ISBN 9781877257933. OCLC 973607714.
- Hudson, G. V. (1898). New Zealand moths and butterflies (Macro-lepidoptera). London: West, Newman & Co. p. 63. doi:10.5962/bhl.title.7912 – via Biodiversity Heritage Library.
- Meyrick, E (1908). "Notes and descriptions of New Zealand lepidoptera". Transactions and Proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. 41: 6 – via Biodiversity Heritage Library.
- Hudson, G. V. (1906). "On entomology of the Routeburn Valley". Transactions and Proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. 39: 202 – via Biodiversity Heritage Library.
- Hamilton, H. (1911). "Notes on entomological collecting tours during the seasons 1908-1909 and 1909-1910". Transactions and Proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. 43: 123 – via Biodiversity Heritage Library.
- Mt Aspiring Station Conservation Resources Report Part 1 (Report). Department of Conservation. November 2005. p. 34. Retrieved 11 February 2017.
- Mcrea, Amber (12 April 2016). "Asaphodes adonis Observed by amber_mcrae February 2, 2016". NaturewatchNZ. Retrieved 11 February 2017.
- Patrick, Brian (April 2000). "Conservation status of two rare New Zealand Geometrid moths" (PDF). Science for Conservation. 45: 1–21. ISSN 1173-2946. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Asaphodes adonis.|
|Wikispecies has information related to Asaphodes adonis|
|This Larentiinae moth related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|