Asbury Township, Gallatin County, Illinois
Wheat harvest along New Haven-Shawneetown Road
Location in Gallatin County
Gallatin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 5, 1890|
|• Total||17.82 sq mi (46.2 km2)|
|• Land||17.79 sq mi (46.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||410 ft (125 m)|
|• Density||5.9/sq mi (2.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62867, 62871|
|GNIS feature ID||0428604|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 17.82 square miles (46.2 km2), of which 17.79 square miles (46.1 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
- Cottonwood at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Cottonwood Presbyterian Church and Swan.
- Gallatin Community Unit School District 7
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 118
- State Senate District 59
- "Asbury Township, Gallatin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Heralds Prairie Township, White County||Emma Township, White County|
|North Fork Township||Ridgway Township||New Haven Township|