ASEAN Federation of Accountants
The ASEAN Federation of Accountants (AFA) is the body that represents the accountancy profession in the ASEAN region. AFA was established in 1977 and is led by a Council consisting the representatives of the national accounting bodies of the 10 member countries in Asean.
The members of AFA are:
- Brunei Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Federation of Accounting Profession, Thailand
- Ikatan Akuntan Indonesia
- Kampuchea Institute of Certified Accountants & Auditors
- Lao Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Myanmar Accountancy Council
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore
- Vietnam Association of Accountants and Auditors
In addition to the activities which support the development of the accountancy profession, AFA is also involved in assisting its members to comply with the membership obligation of the International Federation of Accountants and provide assistance to non-IFAC members to join the international federation.