This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Genres||Death metal, grindcore|
|Years active||2002–2003, 2006–2007, 2009–present|
|Associated acts||Fear Factory, Brujeria, Static-X, Divine Heresy, Sepultura, Sadistic Intent, Soulfly|
Asesino (Dino Cazares)|
Maldito X (Tony Campos)
El Sadístico (Emilio Márquez)
Greñudo (Raymond Herrera)|
Sepulculo (Andreas Kisser)
Asesino (Spanish for "killer") is a Mexican American extreme metal supergroup and a side project of Fear Factory guitarist Dino Cazares. The band has featured members of Brujeria, Fear Factory, Sepultura, Sadistic Intent, Possessed, Ministry, and Static-X. The band is currently working on a new album, La Segunda Venida.
Asesino sometimes play Slayer covers live, most notably "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood". As with Brujeria, the lyrics are sung entirely in Spanish and with the same subject matter of death, violence and perversion. Guitarist Asesino describes the band as "the new Brujeria." Asesino also has the tendency of making satirical comments during the show, and when playing Brujeria songs, change the original lyrics to something more fitting.
- Asesino (Dino Cazares) – guitars (2002–present)
- Maldito X (Tony Campos) – vocals, bass (2002–present)
- Sadístico (Emilio Márquez) – drums (2002–present)
- Greñudo (Raymond Herrera) – drums (on Corridos de Muerte) (2002)
- Sepulculo (Andreas Kisser) – guitars (on Cristo Satanico) (2006)
- Blabbermouth (3 January 2013). "ASESINO Preparing To Enter Studio". BLABBERMOUTH.NET.