Asha for Education
|Motto||Bringing hope through education|
|Founder||V.J.P.Srivatsavoy, Deepak Gupta, Sandeep Pandey|
|Type||501(c)3 non-profit organization|
History and Mission
The mission of Asha is "To catalyze socio-economic change in India through the education of underpriviledged children."
As of 2016, there are 56 Asha chapters globally, across the U.S., Canada, Europe and India.
Asha for Education works with over 200 projects across India. The projects deal with educational issues from pre-primary schooling to professional education in locations from urban slums to isolated rural areas.
Since 1997, Asha for Education has disbursed approximately $36.0 million.
In 2016, Asha for Education raised $3.1 million in revenue and disbursed $3.8 million to projects in India.
One of the founders of Asha for Education, Sandeep Pandey, started Asha Parivar in India.
Awards and recognition
Asha for Education maintains a Perfect 100 score and 4-star rating on Charity Navigator, America’s largest and most-utilized independent evaluator of charities. Asha topped Charity Navigator's lists of 10 Slam Dunk Charities and 10 Charities Worth Watching in 2005 and 2007 respectively. In 2016, Asha is #1 on Charity Navigator's "100 Highly Rated Charities Relying on Private Contributions" list.
- "Annual Report 2016 | Asha for Education". ashanet.org. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Charity Navigator - Rating for Asha for Education". Charity Navigator. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- (PDF) http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/770/770459884/770459884_201612_990.pdf. Missing or empty
- "Charities with Perfect Scores : Charity Navigator".
- "Charity Navigator - Rating for Asha for Education".
- "10 Highly Rated Charities Relying on Private Contributions : Charity Navigator".
- "TOI Social Impact Awards 2015: Rays of Asha brighten classrooms - Times of India".