Ashby station (MARTA)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|MARTA rapid transit station|
65 Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard NW|
Atlanta, GA 30314
|Platforms||2 Stacked side platforms|
|Connections||MARTA Bus: 1, 68|
|Opened||December 22, 1979|
|Passengers (2013)||1,791 (avg. weekday) 16%|
Ashby is a train station in Atlanta, Georgia, serving the Blue and Green lines of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) rail system. It incorporates the use of split platforms, where the westbound platform is on the upper level and the eastbound platform is on the lower level. This is to facilitate the Green Line's split toward Bankhead, immediately west of this station.
Ashby was opened on December 22, 1979 along with all other stations west of Five Points, including the Five Points East/West section itself and excluding Bankhead. Ashby is part of the second oldest section of MARTA, only preceded by the stations east of Five Points.
|Westbound||← Green Line toward Bankhead (Terminus)|
← Blue Line toward H. E. Holmes (West Lake)
|Side platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Green Line toward Edgewood / Candler Park (Vine City) →|
→ Blue Line toward Indian Creek (Vine City) →
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
In 2007 Ashby was proposed to be renamed after Joseph E. Lowery, the current name of Ashby Street, while a different proposal by councilman Ivory Lee Young, Jr. suggested changing it to Historic Westside Village station, after the mixed-use development adjacent to the station.
- Atlanta University Center
- Paschal's Restaurant
- Bronner Bros.
- Washington Park
- BeltLine Westside Trail
The station is served by the following MARTA bus routes:
- Route 1 - Marietta Boulevard / Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard
- Route 68 - Benjamin E. Mays Drive
- "2014 Transportation Fact Book" (PDF). Atlanta Regional Commission. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Ashby". itsmarta. Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "MARTA's West Line Stations: H.E. Holmes; West Lake; Ashby; and Bankhead". YouTube. Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Station Overview
- MARTA Guide
- Atlanta Beltline Westside Trail
- Lowery Boulevard entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This Atlanta, Georgia–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Georgia (U.S. state) train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|