St Augustine Of Canterbury, Ashen
|Ashen shown within Essex|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||CO10 8|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Ashen is a village and civil parish in Essex, England. It is located about 8 km (5.0 mi) east-southeast of Haverhill and is 36 km (22 mi) north from the county town of Chelmsford. The village lies to the south of the River Stour, which here forms the county boundary with Suffolk. The village is in the district of Braintree and the parliamentary constituency of Saffron Walden. The parish is part of the Bumpsteads and Upper Colne parish cluster.
According to the 2011 census it had a population of 323.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Parish cluster map" (JPG). www.braintree.gov.uk. Retrieved 2007-01-24.
- Media related to Ashen, Essex at Wikimedia Commons
- Ashen Church on Essex Churches website
- Ashen in the Domesday Book
|This Essex location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|